Answered

Redirect to a landing page without using a Submit in Logic

• 19 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I am new here. What I would like to do, based on a “No” answer, is to send them directly to a landing page. I want to skip the rest of the questions and exit them from my form. I would like to accomplish this without using the “Submit” in the logic flow. I don’t want the user to have to press a “Submit” button. But I don’t see any other way within the logic - you either send them to a question or use the Submit to send them to an Ending. For instance, I don’t see a way to send them directly to a landing page except through a “Submit” and then to an Ending.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 21 September 2021, 02:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @McGriff! Welcome to our Community! It's great to have you here.

Unfortunately, your respondents would have to hit "Submit" to get there. You'd have to create a Yes/No question and set up your logic in a way that if they click "No", they'll get to an end with the link to your landing page. I apologize for our limitations this time. :pensive:

I'm mentioning here @john.desborough and @Paulo that might have some ideas to help you. Let me know if you have any other questions! We'd be happy to help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @McGriff 

I think the only way to avoid the “submit” would be to use the “redirect on completion” feature.

One of the drawback of this is the fact that you can’t combine it with endings, and that you can only have one URL to redirect the whole form.

Here is an example with one form

If you answer NO you are redirected to myawesomesite.com?bananas={answer_of_question_1}

if you answer YES, the form asks you another question and then it redirects you once you submit the form.

Would that solve what you had in mind?

​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @picsoung,

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ve seen that used with a recent Calendly example. I will give it a try.