Answered

Remove “Add a reminder to your calendar" button.

Userlevel 2

Hi all,

There is a “Add a reminder to your calendar" button appearing in the bottom right corner of the Typeform pages.  I can’t find the setting to remove it.

It isn’t showing up when logging in to edit the typeform, but it is visible on the published web version.  Images below.

Does anyone know how to remove this setting?

Many thanks!

The published typeform on the web

The editing version of the typeform

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 June 2022, 15:12

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Calendarprobelm Happy Monday! Looks like you’ve spotted one of the tests our product team is conducting! They’re currently running a test to see if adding this button helps respondents, who would normally drop-off, give them an option to be reminded about their typeform, so they can come back, continue filling it and submit it.

It isn’t possible to remove this feature, but if you have any feedback, feel free to share it here or through our support team directly here

Userlevel 2

Great - thanks for getting back to me so quickly too, I really appreciate it. 

Is it possible to opt out of this trial?

I have had some users contact us to ask why they need an appointment scheduled - I think they are being confused by this feature in the context of our form, when we are due to schedule appointments later on in the process.  

Userlevel 2

Agreed — would like to turn this off too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Calendarprobelm and @strawberry It is not possible to remove or opt out of the trial. The trial is lasting about two weeks longer, just so you know, and in the meantime, I’ve shared this feedback with the team running the experiment. 

Userlevel 2

It’s not great that it’s not an option — it’s ugly, irrelevant to my form and confusing for my users. Sigh.

Userlevel 1

Hello !
Is it possible to opt out from this feature ? It appeared suddenly a few hours on my ongoing surveys and hundreds of our clients are emailing us thinking it’s a possibility to make appointments with our teams.

We have a typeform business plan and I find it odd to test features directly to production without alerting us or adding the possibility to opt out from this..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Amine_B Thanks for stopping by. As noted above, it is not possible to opt out of this, but I’m passing all of this feedback onto the product team. This is a short experimenting they are conducting. 

Userlevel 1

@Liz Please add me to the list of those wanting to opt out. I just spent money on this service and am presenting to a client and cannot remove the confusing button. First time using Typekit :/.

Edit: Feels like using customer accounts / forms to test updates is not advisable. Unless you offered a beta-testing program like other software.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Beyonding It is not possible to opt out at this time, but thank you for sharing your feedback. I’ve shared this post with the product team, so they are able to see the frustrations around not having the option to opt-out of this. 

Userlevel 1

Same feedback as others. It’s distracting and irrelevant. Need an opt-out or disable button.

Userlevel 1

Agreed, I’m presenting back to a client next week and can almost guarantee they will ask for it to be removed. I will give them the heads up though.

Userlevel 1

Totally agree with the comments above. The surveys are now unusable for us. We don’t even give the possibility to answer the surveys later. On top of that, the calendar icon is making the hovering OK button move so high up that it’s really confusing for users (we use the survey on mobile and in this case on landscape). 

What are your recommendations for us to do for the next 2 weeks? 

Userlevel 1

Tests like this, that get pushed out to our respondents without our consent is unacceptable. 

First of all, users are confused by the new button, and like others have mentioned, they assume that it means an appointment with our company representatives. This isn’t something that we can put in front of our customers.

Secondly, the new button exacerbates an already existing UI bug, which makes the survey unreadable and unusable. Again, we can’t put this in front of our customers.

This test has rendered Typeform useless for us, for the duration of the test, and we are unable to do our critical user research. As paying customers, we have to consider changing to another survey provider that is more stable in their service offering. 

Will we be refunded for the time that we cannot use Typeform, due to this test?

I would like to add my vote for this feature to be something that’s easily disabled by the user.

We shouldn’t have to be forced into a test like a focus group as paying customers.

The service we’re paying for is being affected by running this test.

We’re running businesses here and things like this affect our conversion rates when not relevant.

Userlevel 1

Mind boggling that you would introduce something like this without allowing for opt out.

You should only have opt in for beta testing features like this.

A user complained that it downloaded a file onto their device, afterwhich they refused to continue with the survey. Totally unacceptable.

This is unbelievable. I do not want to see this. when users click it downloads something - which no one likes or trusts. I need to be able to remove this ‘feature’ (bug).
I also just wasted a ton of time trying to figure out how to remove it before landing here.
Pretty lame, typeform.

I had to find this page in order to understand what this calendar button was. I agree with previous replies that it should be removed, or at least made optional. It will confuse my users. I just signed up for a paid account hours ago. However, I am leaning towards cancelling if you plan to make your customer-facing feature beta tests mandatory. There are many competitors out there I can choose from. This issue should be remedied ASAP.

Dear folks at Typeform,

This. Is. Unacceptable. 

I don’t want to be part of your tests. I did not ask for this. I would expect at least the possibility to opt out!

How can it be that I have to find a help page in order to discover this? Not even an email to your (paying) users? Do this test with your users who are not paying your bills, not the ones who are paying customers!

I find it disgraceful and I’ve honestly never taken the trouble to post something on help forums like this but you don’t leave me any other choice.

Ridiculous! 

We noticed this “calendar reminder” button recently and also need to remove it - it is confusing our respondents. There should definitely be a method for opting in or out of these “tests”. We are using these forms in production and they need to remain consistent.

This change completely breaks our use of an embedded typeform since the link created and used in the calendar reminder does not include hidden fields originally passed to the form, which our form depends on, not to mention we don’t give users the ability to fill out the form outside of a specific place in our application.