Answered

Remove options based on all responses

• 12 February 2021
  • 33 replies

Is it possible to limit the number of responses per answer ? This is for appointment booking, so I would want the option to be removed if a preview respondent selected that choice. 

icon

Best answer by picsoung 13 February 2021, 00:41

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @choij. Welcome to our Community. 😊 Happy to have you here! 

I am afraid at the moment we don't have a feature that would check against already submitted responses, and it's also not possible to automatically remove an option based on a set condition. 

To do this manually, you could set up a Google sheet integration and track the results on a regular basis. Then you'd update your form based on the submitted responses. 

P.S.: I'd also recommend that you check this article explaining how to edit a typeform that’s already live and collecting responses as your edits might affect the results you've already collected. 

Hope this helps! =)

Hi @Mariana,

Are there any plans in making this an option? It would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @crgutierrez ! At the moment, it’s not currently in our product roadmap, but we’ll note the suggestion for future roadmaps. :) If you have any use-cases with this feature you’d like to share, please do!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @choij 👋

Do you feel adventurous?

because there might be a solution using a combination of webhooks and APIs.

You can use webhooks to be notified of a new submission.
The webhook handler extract the data to find which option has been sent, and then update the form definition using our API.

This should work fine unless you have a lot of traffic and there is a chance that someone submits a response while it’s being updated.

Hi everyone!

I’m using typeform for reservations at my restaurant and I’m looking for a way to prevent double booking of slots. 

I mean when someone books a 4 pm slot, and someone else picks the same slot, I want to be able to flag it and notify the user that slot is taken/unavailable.

Does anyone have any pointers? I’d be very grateful thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @lams. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I moved your question to this thread as I believe the workaround above could work for you. Let us know if you have further questions :) 

I am selling some food and I want to put up a typeform and send it to my clients. The thing is that I want to make a multiple choice or a dropdown but there are like only 5 lasagne’s, 3 spaghetti carbonara, … 

So the amounts are limited, when there are 3 people that clicked on the carbonara, it need to show that it’s out of stock and not possible to click any longer. 

Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Julie Baeck. Welcome to our Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here for more context. Hopefully, the workaround above will work for you. 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions!

Hello

We have a series of upcoming Events and we need to book in a host for one of 15 options. 

What I would like to achieve is that once a date is selected by a user, it is not available in the list for the nest user. 

For example if the question was 

“What date would you like to host?” and the options are:

Jan 5

Mar 10

Apr 8

Lets say User A chooses Apr 8th.  I’d like that to either disappear or be blocked out for all other users. 

If that makes sense, please help?! Thanks in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @nverto. Welcome to our Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here so you can check the workaround from @picsoung for the same use case. Hopefully, this will work for you. 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions!

Hi,

I’d really appreciate if anyone knows the answer to this situation.

I have a multiple choice question, each possible answer is a virtual meeting that I want to assign a limit of participants, so, i want to know if it is possible to assign a limit of selections to the answers of a multiple choice questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Irving Castro. Welcome to our Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here for more context. Hopefully, the workaround above will work for you. :) Let us know if you have further questions!

Hi!

We generate a typegform to control the number of people book to access and enjoy our service. I chose a multiple answer to collect the information about different option that we offer. The problem is when we would like to control the occupation for each type of service. 

Someone knows how to solve this?

Thank you so much!

Àngela 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Laludo. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I moved your question to this thread as I believe the workaround above could work for you. Let us know if you have further questions :) 

Can I set the number of respondents to the question in the 'Typeform'? such as you are booking a movie. Or is there a tool that can do this even if it's not a 'Typeform'?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @stibee. Happy Thursday! =)

I moved your question here where the answer is. Please let us know if you have further questions. Hope this helps!

Hi.

I’d like to find out if an option in the dropdown selection can be disabled if a submission has already been selected once?

Take for example:

I have different time slots A, B and C for selection.

Someone selects B as their preferred timing and completes the form and submits it.

Could time slot B be disabled from being selected, leaving only options A and C active to be selected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @cherulz. Happy Monday! =) 

I moved your question here for more context. Hopefully, the workaround above will work for you. 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions!

Hey @choij 👋

Do you feel adventurous?

because there might be a solution using a combination of webhooks and APIs.

You can use webhooks to be notified of a new submission.
The webhook handler extract the data to find which option has been sent, and then update the form definition using our API.

This should work fine unless you have a lot of traffic and there is a chance that someone submits a response while it’s being updated.

This sounds like it might work for me...except I have no idea what a webhook is or how to set this up on my form :) Is there some kind of step by step?

I choose event products to a large number of customers.

I want to make a survey.

There are many types of event products and limited inventory per product.

If the customer selected event product,out of stock,

The option should be deactivated for other customers.

What should I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Eden! We're very happy you're part of the Typeform Community! :blush:

I've just moved your question to this thread because the answer to it is here! 

Let us know if you were able to do that. We're very curious to know if it worked out for you!

Have a great week! :wink:

Can I create a survey with a maximum of answers per question and when the maximum answers are complete, the answer can appear as complete? I´d like people to choose an option but a maximum of people can click that option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Isa16! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

I moved your question to this thread because there's a workaround suggested by @picsoung that will work for you. You'd have to use a combination of webhooks and APIs to get this done.

Other than that, you could update your form manually. Monitor the number of respondents that select a certain answer and when it reaches the limit, you'd have to delete this answer and then publish your form again.

Let us know if you have further questions :hugging:

Hi, is there a way to eliminate an answer choice after one respondent has chosen it? Also, can I choose the number of respondents that can choose the same choice - i.e. say I have availability for two respondents to choose a given slot, and then I want that slot to disappear from the choices. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Esther1! Welcome to our Community! :wave_tone2:

I moved your question to this topic where you'll find some interesting solutions for your use case. @picsoung has suggested a combination of webhooks and APIs that can get the job done! :wink:

Moreover, you can monitor whenever one respondent selects an answer, and when they do, you'd have to delete this option and then publish your form again.

Hope we're able to help! Feel free to ask more questions if you have more doubts. We'll be happy to help! :blue_heart: