Answered

Remove options from question Y based on responses from question X

• 25 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I am building a satisfaction survey. As part of the survey, there are two questions following one another other, one is a multiple choice for the strengths of an individual and the other is a multiple choice for improvement areas. I want to build the logic flow in a way where if someone selects “responsiveness” as a strength, I want to remove it from the options in improvement area (i.e. the same characteristic cant be a strength and an improvement area). Is there anyway that can set up?

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 April 2022, 23:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kingmakers I hope you’re doing well! Thanks for dropping by. 

It isn’t possible to remove answer options based on previous responses, but you could create a few variations of the same questions/answers and then show the one that applies based on their response. This article here can walk you through how to set the logic jumps for this flow. 

Hello,

I'm trying to test out Typeform gets to carry out an internal election. I have chosen to use question group, but want choice 2 must take into account who was chosen in question 1. And choice 3 must take into account who was chosen in questions 1 and 2. It would have been best if the names chosen disappeared in the next election question. Here I think that logic can solve the problem, but how? Can Typeform solve this problem? Can anyone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Glenn Tore Jensen I’ve moved your post here where we have an existing question similar to yours. 😀

hello i need an emergency help. we are organise an event for my colleagues. We will have many activities and because we are many we organise slots from those activities. How can i remove the slots that are already chose by other employee so when i am doing the survey to see only the available slots so we will avoid double bookings etc. Of course i do not know if typeform has this opportunity

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @zoe1986 Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid we don’t have this feature, but I can share the feedback with the product team. 

In the meantime, you could manually edit the form each time that option is selected to remove it, though I can imagine that would be a bit of a hassle.