Answered

Repeating Question Group

Is it possible to create a group of questions that repeats?

Say I have a form that will be filled out by students. Where they will enter information about a project they are working on and all their group partners. So the form would have 10 standard questions and 5 questions per group partner. But the number of group partners are not known at the time the form is created so it varies per project group. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 June 2022, 01:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@thepaulo - welcome to the community.. 

how many participants in a given project ie 10?? 

what i would do is create 1 question group with all the necessary questions in it. THEN i would duplicate the question group to the maximum number you want (10 in this example but set to the max)

create a variable called counter and set it to zero

then have a question at the beginning that asks the number of participants - before your question groups

put a logic rule on this question that says : if the answer to # of participants is greater than 0 then add the answer to the variable counter (we will use this to do a count down of the number of question groups to go through

in the first question group: on the last question in the group, the logic rules need to include: 

• if counter is gt 0 subtract 1 from counter (we filled out one group so we reduce the count)
  • if counter is gt than 0 then jump to the next question group
  • if the counter = 0 then jumpto the ending or the question that follows the question groups

do this for each of the question groups, on the last question 

in the last question group, in the form, on the last question, you set the logic rule to jumpto the next question or ending after the question groups

what this will do is ask the group how many - 5 - and then after the fifth question group, it jumps out. 

it’s easy to create many more question groups that you will likely need but adding logic to them is the only thing that has to be done. 

does that help??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thepaulo Let us know if the solutions Des gave helped!