Respondents too shy to respond?

• 16 June 2023
  • 2 replies

How would you prompt a respondent when asking a client for a video review of our services?

It seems most of our clients are maybe too shy or nervous to be on camera for some reason.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @BanyanDMH thanks for stopping by with this great question! This is quite the conundrum, and something that can be tricky to nail.

One interesting thing to think about is not such much on how to prompt but more when and where you prompt your customers to leave a review or testimonial. Here’s an interview that @Grace and I did with the amazing Justin DeMers and Sarah Tempte from Social Proof Magic, who gave some great tips on this topic. I’d recommend watching at least the bit from 18m50s where Sarah talks about making sure you’re hitting people with your requests for feedback at the right point in the customer journey (i.e. the part when they are most lit up, rather than after their initial excitement has died down and they may not be thinking much about your product/service anymore). 

Also, you might want to consider using VideoAsk (another Typeform product) for this. It’s designed specifically to be optimised for encouraging people to share video feedback. Check this awesome explainer by @suzieq to find out why it’s so well suite for collecting responses in video format:

Hope this helps. Would also love to know what insights other people have on this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @BanyanDMH Happy Fri-yay! I hope you had a wonderful week. Did the suggestions above help? Let us know if there’s anything else we can answer for you!