Answered

Score answer depends on fastness

Hi All, 
I want to score answer value as default value dived by time user take to answer. Like my default is 100, and user answers to that question in 20 seconds, so score is 100 / 20 = 5.
How can I do it ?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 June 2022, 17:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @gegham Welcome to the community! I’m afraid our forms don’t have a feature that can calculate the time it takes for a respondent to answer the form, so this wouldn’t be possible. 😓

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@gegham - @Liz  is correct that you cant do this in native Typeform. 

I have done this for a client by working off a ‘two typeform approach’ that you can use with multiple typeforms along with Google Sheets integration to capture and calculate the details

to do this we had someone register on one typeform and then answer a set of questions in the second. we used hidden fields and redirect upon completion to move people through the series of typeforms to calculate 5 distinct ‘duration’ values. 

• capture submission from the registration form into a google sheet - it includes the timestamp of submisison
  • when the next form is submitted, you also have the time stamp. 
    • subtract the first timestamp from the second timestamp and you have the length of time it took to complete the question/form. 
    •  

if you want to capture 100 questions and the time on each , that would mean 100 typeforms in this model, BUT it would give you reasonably good values (latency in the networks, etc. have to be taken into consideration …. )

des