Question

Scoring 'i don't know answers' for outcome quiz

• 19 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’m creating a benchmarking survey which when completed will give people a score that sits in 3 potential categories. I have made this myself and not used the outcome template. 

There are some question on the survey with answers like ‘not relevant’ or ‘i don’t know’. I’m trying to work out how to cater these answers in the scoring system. For other answers, people will be awarded a score of between 1 and 3. If I give these people a score point of 0 for these ‘ i don't know’ answers they will be more likely to be marked in the lowest scoring category overall which isn’t fair. 

I’m just not quite sure what to do and hoping someone has come across this issue before for them and has an idea!

Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Peach ,

Using the template, could you use a score range of 1-5, vs. 1-3? That way each response will rank or have weight on the outcome. Also, ‘I don’t know’ can have different scores for each question. In one question it may have a higher score than another which might have a 0 score. 

Could you also create the survey/quiz from scratch and create your own options?