Answered

Selecting publish displays the "Oops Something went wrong" message, requires refreshing the page

• 28 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I have been building 4 forms over the past month or so.  Last Thursday every time I would select Publish a popup displayed for selecting options for sharing the form.  Selecting anywhere outside the popup would close the popup, no big deal. The next day & since when I select Publish I now get the message "Oops Something went wrong, your form has formatting issues and we can’t open it.  Refresh page" Selecting the Refresh page button reopens the form & my latest changes have been saved and published. I get the same result on all 4 of the forms I’m building including the 2 that I haven’t changed the previous week. All 4 work as expected.  The impact of needing to refresh the page is that it goes back to the beginning of the form I'm working on which adds time while developing and testing.

I accessed my account from another computer using Chrome & Edge, same result.

I was using Chrome on my computer & tried Firefox & Edge, same result.

Anyone else experience something similar?

Any suggestions?

Stephen

icon

Best answer by StephenS 2 March 2021, 19:55

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, @StephenS. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :)

I couldn't reproduce this on my end. Would you be able to share a screencast showing the steps you took and the error you got? We'll be happy to investigate further. 🔍

Userlevel 1

I sent the following via email to support.

Sarah:

Thank you for your follow-up & feedback.

I logged into my account from another computer this morning, used Chrome & Edge & got the same result. 

On my computer I was originally using Chrome.

This morning I turned my computer off & on, I used Firefox & Edge, with the same result.

I went back to Chrome, opened the form Advice for Managing Your Project https://admin.typeform.com/form/AmYriGJx/create

I entered DDD in the last line

image.png
Selected Publish

image.png

Got the following.

image.png

Selected Refresh page, went back to my workspace, logged out logged back in opened Advice for Managing Your Project

the DDD I entered & published is there.

image.png

Another potential connection is that the day before this problem began every time I selected Publish a popup displayed that is no longer being displayed. Selecting anywhere closed the pop-up.

The popup provided options for sharing a Typeform.

Even though it's publishing the impact of needing to refresh the page is that it goes back to the beginning of the form I'm working on which adds time while developing and testing.

Stephen

Project Assistant
  -- Best Beginner Project Management Software

207-216-0877 

I am experiencing the same issue. I can not publish my typeform

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @StephenS - I can’t see the screenshots sadly, but usually clearing the cache solves the issue. Could I have you try giving that a go to see if that helps? (This should work for you, too, @Zuri !)

Userlevel 1

This was identified as a bug and has been fixed

Stephen

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's awesome, @StephenS! Thanks for sharing that with us :) Happy to hear it has been solved. 

This was identified as a bug and has been fixed

Stephen

HI
I am still having the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dor If you haven’t already, could you try clearing the cache on your browser and/or trying a new browser, if that doesn’t work? 

Hi @Dor If you haven’t already, could you try clearing the cache on your browser and/or trying a new browser, if that doesn’t work? 

Hey @Liz  - I am still getting the same error message. Tried clearing cache, new browser, new device. Everything. Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kyla - welcome to the community 

you should probably open a help ticket with Typeform Support to get two vector looking at your issue

des