Answered

Setting a Question's Answer ID

• 15 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I know with developer mode on, you can set a manual reference ID for a given question. Is it possible via the UI to do the same for answer keys?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 July 2021, 00:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @manoj.puthenveetil Yes, you can! You’ll want to follow the steps in the gif below to edit them in the builder. 

Let me know if you have trouble finding this setting!

Hi @Liz, In the gif it seems to show how edit references for questions, but is there a way to edit references for answers ? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mess It isn’t possible to edit the references for answers, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

Let us know if you think of anything else!

Thanks @Liz for the quick answer, It would be something important to us (the company I work for). What would be even better would be to associate a value to a response (not unique like an ID). The goal being that our site reacts live according to the answers obtained, whether the answer is in English or any other language (imagine a site supporting many languages, so a lot of forms)  . At the moment this is a blocking factor in the adoption of Typeform for us. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh thanks, @Mess ! That makes sense. I’ll share this with product, and if you think of anything else, please let us know. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Mess

Indeed this is something missing in the current implementation.

One solution would be to rely on this legacy app.

Hope it helps
Nicolas