Skip to main content
Answered

Setting survey up with sections

Hi Typeform community, 

My client has asked if we can split our survey into sections, where the user can complete section one and then either submit, or continue to section two. Is that possible with typefrom? Related, is there anyway to make the progress bar more visible? 

Thanks! 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@PolkaDot - think about using a series of typeforms with redirected endings to take the user to the next one if they wish..

ie  a question that says “do you want to do another section right now? yes or now”

• if no then submit and send them to ending that says thanks and check you email to come back to the next section at a later time (you would have to send them that emails)
  • if yes. submit and redirect to the typeform associated with the next section.. and do the same thing at the end..

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PolkaDot Hope you’re doing well! Were you able to set up your form using the suggestions above? Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!

Hi @Liz Liz! How would that affect my Typeform plan? I intend to get the basic plan, where you can send a survey to up to 100 respondents. So, if I want to send a survey to 100 people, and then I do as you say, and redirect them at the end to a new survey, would that then count to 200 responses? Meaning, not covered by my plan?
Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Luisao Ah yes, that’s correct. If you have the respondent fill out two forms, then it would be two responses per person.