Skip to main content
Answered

Short text symbol check

• 12 August 2021
  • 3 replies

We have the following task. In one of the forms, we need to receive a short text of the following content:Description:“The secret code is your personal code, which only you know and by which you can receive the parcel. It is formed like this:The first two letters of your mother's full name (in Cyrillic) + The first two letters of your father's full name (in Cyrillic) + 1 + the last two digits of your year of birth. It is very simple, and if you forget, we will show you how to remember it.Example: ABVG199”In this case, the input mask must be of the form XXXX199How can we make the filling rules strict and prevent illegal characters from being entered?

Hi @Aman Bol Thanks for stopping by the community! This sounds like it would be a cool feature to have. :grinning: I’m afraid we don’t have a way specifically in the form to check for the specific format, but you could use logic jumps to check if they’ve entered other characters like this: 

In this example, the logic checks the answer for the ? symbol and jumps to another question accordingly. Would that help at all? 

Unfortunately it didn't help. We used to use WP Forms for forms. But these forms cannot be embedded in Tilda. Validating user input is part of our business logic.

Ah, got it, @Aman Bol . I sadly don’t have another workaround for this, but if there are any other questions I can answer for you, please let me know!