Answered

Show answers from previous multiple choice question

• 17 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone!

Let’s imagine that I ask the following question in my typeform and that the person who answers the survey can select more than one answer (multiple choice and multiple selection question). Let’s imagine that the person selects chocolate and vanilla.

1. Which ice cream flavours do you like?
    1. Chocolate
    2. Vanilla
    3. Mango
    4. Pistachio

Is it possible in the next question to display only as answer options the two answers that the person selected in the previous question? If yes, how can I do that please?

For example:

1. Among the following flavours, what is your favourite one?
    1. Chocolate
    2. Vanilla
icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 July 2022, 12:44

View original

4 replies

Yes it's possible. And clear as mud . It's a great question. As long as the answers you can choose from are related to the previous question. I will say it's nice to be able to not only answer questions but to actually be asked if the questions make sense. I appreciate you asking my opinion!!!

Thanks! How can I do it please? 

Many thanks for your help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Charles_Henri - welcome to the community. 

In ‘native Typeform’ it is not possible to do this dynamically at this time.  (What Queentree said is incorrect)

To implement this with the appearance of being dynamic, you would have to create logic rules and number of question pages that would represent every possible combination of answers that the user could/would make…. based on the selection of the user, you would route them to the appropriate page with logic rule. 

not exactly what you want to do nor what I would like to do.. hopefully this will become a native element in typeform in the near future.. 

des

That’s what I thought… many thanks for your answer this is helpful!! :)