Answered

Simple logic jump not working (my first attempt)

Badge

Hi,

So doing my first logic jump which should be suuuper easy. Why is question 2 both leading down to question 3 and 4? Should only link to question 4

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 24 March 2021, 11:38

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Camilla ,

If you had the logic jump at one point going to #3, deleted it and haven’t published it yet, it might still show the jump to #3. 

Go ahead and publish it again - does it still show? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Camilla  - from another user here.. 

it looks like your logic for question 2 only addresses one condition that of being equal to blank. what happens if it is not blank?? there is no logic to address that scenario, therefore the logic path is going to the next question by default ie #3

does that make any sense??

Badge

Still dosnt work…

@vickioneill Tried to publish again… No luck

@john.desborough Not sure what you mean. When the person answers anything or blank in question it should alway go to question 4 (never 3)…

:pensive:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Still dosnt work…

@vickioneill Tried to publish again… No luck

@john.desborough Not sure what you mean. When the person answers anything or blank in question it should alway go to question 4 (never 3)…

:pensive:

@Camilla - can you please show a screen shot of the actual question for question 2? it is hard to get context without that. but what i think you are saying is that there is nothing that should cause the person to actually arrive at question 3, from question 2? Does the actual form cause a user to arrive at question 3 coming out of question 2 or is it only in the logic flow diagram that it shows the line? 

you might want to add in a logic condition for when it does not = blank (or anything at all) to go to 4 as well. (in some weird sense of programming, if the is equal to evaluation parameter is a “null” value then it will only match the condition if the field is null (no value) .. other values would mean it was ‘not null’ and then the path shown by the logic flow diagram might be correct) 

This may be a vagary of the classic builder 

des

Badge

@john.desborough  can you see my picture?

Yes you are right. No matter what you answer in question 2 you should ALWAYS go to question 4.

But this is not the case now as the flow chart also indicate. 

Didnt quite understand what you meant with the blank..?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Camilla - i have circled what i mean by ‘blank’ in the image below … it is looking like you have no evaluation criteria for the logic phrases .. ie “ie equal to …. blank field”.. 

what happens when you select an answer to have it forced into the logic equation ie if is equal to answer A??

Badge

So sorry for not quite understanding…

But the answer for the customer is “free text”. No matter what they write in the text they should afterwards get question 4. So no possibility to go from 2 → 3. Only 2 → 4. Makes sense?

Badge

@john.desborough did you see my answer above? Forgot to tag you :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Camilla - is it possible for you to post a link to the survey so that i/we could walk through to try and trouble shoot? it is not readily apparent what is causing the problem but walking through the survey (you can delete the responses as needed or copy the typeform to a new instance and call it test ..) is sometimes easier to grasp

thanks

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Camilla - i created my own version, as best i could with some simple questions and tried to mirror your logic

this is how i forced q2 to go to q4

Badge

@john.desborough 

This is exactly what i want to happen (what you made). So super simple

It seems like my UX is a bit different from yours… could it be related to this?

When i make my logic jumps i go to here: 

My test is here: 

Badge

I do have the essential membership so should be able to make the logic jump :-)

Badge

@john.desborough Okay - made a new one from scratch and not it works :-)

Also the new one looks like yours - so not sure what went wrong ….

Anyway - Now it works. THANKS so much for your time and help :-)

Badge

@john.desborough 

Okay - So now it works one place but not all places…. i must be doing something wrong.

Nomatter what you answer in Q3,Q4 and Q5 you should end at question 6.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Camilla - make sure that your logic for the questions you want to go to question 6, regardless of answer, should have the “jump” set to the “Always jump to question 6”

I normally use the new builder version, so finding a typeform that was still in the classic builder was a challenge for me .. so the UI/UX may be different based on our preferences etc. 

hope this helps.. and glad you got the first part to work for you!

des