Answered

Simple multiplication issue

• 31 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a simple form in which a user selects from a range of square footage options, each answer with its own score. Next they select a cleaning type with 3 possible answers. I need to multiply the score by either 1, 1.25, or 1.5, depending upon the cleaning type they select.

However, in trying to create the formula, one of the two select drop downs is greyed out. See below.

What step(s) am I missing?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 September 2022, 20:24

View original

5 replies

Since posting this, I tried creating variables for 1.25 & 1.50. The calculation rules allowed me to select the new variables to multiply them by the score. However, it had no effect on the output of the score. 

Any ideas on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @davidking65 have you published the changes to the form? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@davidking65 - i have noted a similar behaviour a couple of times; ie not being able to select a variable in the first field .. UNTIL i selected a variable in the second field. 

Try choosing something in the second field first and then the first field should ‘open up’ for you.. it did that to me on a few forms before i went off to the beach a few weeks ago.. 

give it a try and let us know

des

Badge

I have a similiar problem here. Please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FITVIT Could you share more about what problem you’re experiencing? Any screenshots/videos/URLs would be helpful! 😀