Answered

Smiley Scale

• 9 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1

Does someone know if there is an option to change the opinion scale to a smiley scale in Typeform?

Thanks for your help. Diana

icon

Best answer by picsoung 22 September 2021, 04:20

View original

14 replies

Badge +5

HI @DiaPla and welcome!

Are you referring to the rating question specifically? As far as I know there isn’t an options for smileys, but I can see how that could be helpful. 

What are you trying to achieve with the smileys?

I think someone asked something similar in the past here 

Userlevel 1

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the connection to a similar topic.

I would like to explore consumer satisfaction with a service and would use a smiley scale as this is more intuitive.

Something like this.

Is it possible to pair this with a rating/opinion scale next to the numbers for example?

Thanks.

Diana

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DiaPla Apologies for missing your reply! We don’t currently have the option to change to smileys in the opinion field, but similar to the post above, you could use the rating scale instead. Would that work? 

Userlevel 1

Thanks Liz, Unfortunately that doesn’t work but I found another solution with a different offer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear you found a solution, @DiaPla ! :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DiaPla 
Another alternative could be to use “picture choice” and use smileys as icon, you can personalize each icon with colors

Here is an example of how it can look like

Userlevel 1

Hi @DiaPla 
Another alternative could be to use “picture choice” and use smileys as icon, you can personalize each icon with colors

Here is an example of how it can look like

Great solution. I will try it next time. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @picsoung !!

Thanks Liz, Unfortunately that doesn’t work but I found another solution with a different offer. 

Howdy! Could you share what the other solution was?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@DiaPla if you don’t mind sharing for @takingform , that would be great! 😀

Userlevel 1

@Liz it is a different agency and payed service, e.g. appinio, quantilope...

Hello I would like to create a customer satisfaction form and for each question have 4 possible choices. 

I want the person to be able to choose among these 4 smileys: 

I tried to create a question "choice of image" but on mobile it does not display on a single line. I also tried the "rating" but there impossible to put smiley and there is no notion of colors. 

Is it possible to do this on typeform or should I change the tool? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SimonD Happy Tuesday! I added your post here where we have the answer and a few workarounds. 😀

Hi @SimonD Happy Tuesday! I added your post here where we have the answer and a few workarounds. 😀

Hello Liz, thank you for your answer. Indeed I discover that what I want to do is not possible because on mobile the module "picture choice" is not displayed on a line. 
Is this functionality soon possible with typeform? I want to know if I have to change my tool or if I can wait for this feature. 

thanks