Answered

Stripe integration settings

• 3 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello there!

I would like to be able to get the person’s card details via Typeform (Stripe) by charging them a minimal fee (£0.01), so I can charge them the full fee in the future when their application is approved.

Is that something that the Typeform / Stripe integration supports?

Many thanks!

Mica

icon

Best answer by picsoung 4 February 2022, 19:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mica Thanks for stopping by the community! It isn’t possible to use the Stripe integration to obtain their card information without charging them the minimum that Stripe requires based on currency listed here. So, if you’re charging them in pound, you’ll need to charge them at least .30.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Liz Thank you! And that’s fine. But then when I go in Stripe, I don’t seem to be able to charge them manually again. The way Typeform is integrated with Stripe seems to be that it does not allow future charges.

Does my issue make sense?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mica 

The way our Stripe integration is currently setup, you can only charge them once with the card you collected, and it’s only via Typeform.

So you won’t be able to achieve what you are describing.

One alternative could be to use Stripe Payment Links or collect card details outside of Typeform.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@picsoung Thank you for confirming!!! So helpful. Sometimes one can think they ae going crazy on their own 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Don’t worry, @Mica , I am crazy on my own, so you wouldn’t be alone. :joy:

Let us know how @picsoung ‘s solution works for you!