Answered

Submit button

• 1 September 2021
  • 3 replies

At the moment  on my form the submit button appears mid way through the survey when a respondant tries to move onto the next question without completing the previous question. This seems to happen particularly when the question is a short test response. This is confusing. Can i have the Submit button only appear at the end of the survey?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Liz 1 September 2021, 19:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Garrie Happy Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by the community. The submit button will appear on the form as the respondent passes through questions, particularly ones that aren’t required. 

If you want to be sure that the respondent answers the questions before seeing the submit button, I would first suggest to mark the questions as required

If you want to take this a step further, you can setup logic jumps to prevent questions from appearing before the respondent has provided an answering following the steps here

I hope this helps! Let me know if you think of any other questions. 

This actually makes no sense. and makes it difficult to create specific logic flows. I need to be able to disable the submit button until the user actually gets to the end of the form.

Some questions are meant to be optional. If you can make the submission before the form is complete it’s going to skew the answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@garciapiano - it all depends on your logic flow and how you have set up the logic rules as to whether or not the submit button will show up: if the form evaluates the logic flow, or lack thereof, from the question and sees ‘nowhere that it has been instructed to go’ it will present the submit button. 

it’s not the tool but the logic flow or the lack of one that is causing the issue. If you can share the logic map and screenshots of your logic rules, we can probably tell if there are problems in the logic flow as you have presently laid it out. 

cheers

des