Answered

Terms and conditions

Userlevel 1

I have tried searching and can’t seem to find what I am looking for.  I have never used anything like this before.

I am trying to create a form where someone can sign up to a paid service however I need them to accept the terms and conditions.  I have the legal question added but don’t know how I can get the T&C’s to be displayed so they can read them to accept them.

Thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 March 2021, 15:41

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@greenie - from a user here.. 

You could create a Yes/No question type that displays the T&Cs and ask the user to agree to them before going any further. Logic jumps could be used based on the answer to let the user go deeper into the typeform towards the submit button or no to an ending page that says thank you and we hope you will reconsider and come back.. 

or something like that message..

hope this works to help guide you forward

des

Userlevel 1

Hello, thanks for your response.  

I have currently created the legal question and have the accept/ don’t accept button but just wondered how would  I display all the T&C’s, something that opens up a separate PDF with them in etc. or something similar?

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@greenie

look at this little demo page to see if it works along the concept you are seek. it will open up a pdf about data governance selected at random from the web but...

Userlevel 1

Ah yes, this is what I am looking for (although the link didn’t open a page for me it just got stuck)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ah yes, this is what I am looking for (although the link didn’t open a page for me it just got stuck)

@greenie - when i tested it, it opened the pdf file up in an another tab in the browser. You will need to test it out in your form/environment to see if that will work for you - remembering that settings at the user end ie pop-ups, etc. may prevent access to the file (as you might have just seen! lol). Maybe if you create the terms and conditions as an html page in your website that is called, instead of a pdf… it might work better for more of your clients..

cheers

des 

Userlevel 1

Thank you 

Hi everyone.

I read the whole discussion and the solution offered by john.desborough ( little demo page ) is exactly what I am looking for but I still haven’t figured how to insert the PDF file. ???

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@birdy - it’s really simple :

put the text that you want on the page and then highlight it, you will see a little dialogue box open up like in the image below … click on the link icon and put in the url of the document 

if you have the document in a Google Drive location, go to the directory with the document, and set the Share properties to ‘anyone with the link’ and then copy the url of the document  (right click on the document and click Get Link) . this is the link  you past into the link widget above. 

that should do the trick

Hi,

Very good the small demo. However, the user can very well click on the submit button without having validated the conditions...
How to force to validate the conditions before sending the form? 

Regards

Francisco

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@CiscoCH - the accept/don’t accept buttons can be used to define the logic rules that won’t let the user continue unless a) the question is answered (make it a mandatory question) and b) only allow the user to get to the submit button IF the accept button is selected. 

des