Answered

Testing recipient email without using up responses

• 14 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Hello, I just joined and got a basic membership to test out an idea for an e-learning. I get an email address at the start and then send out a mail notification to myself and to the respondent. In preview I don’t get any mails, when doing it “live” on the published form I do get the “backstage” notification but not the recipient one, and with every test I burn up my 100 responses / month. 

What could be wrong with the mail notification and how can I test this without using all my responses?

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 June 2021, 18:02

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hampe Welcome to typeform! :grinning: Have you published all of the changes in your form? You’ll know if not because the publish button will look like this: 

If the button looks like this (instead of grayed-out), be sure to click that and publish the changes so you receive the notification emails. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

Hey, thanks yet I rechecked and re-published everything and now it worked. However it keeps on reducing my responses count, and since I am new to this and need some testing with the hidden fields I am looking for a way to have the testing without counting up the entries.

Would it help if I used the same address as the one I am logged in with?

Thanks!

Hampe

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hampe Responses are counted each time someone submits the form, regardless of their email, so submitting from the same email wouldn’t change the response count. You could try testing in the live preview, though this wouldn’t necessarily work for hidden fields. I can share this feedback with our product team, and if you have any other questions/feedback, let us know!

This is as close a topic as I could find for my situation so I’m just gonna “piggy-back” onto it…

Also new to Typeform and just using the basic free edition for now. There’s a 10-user/month limit and we’re aware of that; however, we’ve just been testing it ourselves so far with no actual respondents but its’ still using up our limit. How do I reset this so we’re back to 10 full uses once the editing is complete? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Admin Gal I’m afraid we don’t have an option to reset the responses, as they count towards the 10 per month. Though, we have shared this feedback with our product team. 

Hi, Liz - thanks for the reply…

When you say “’We’ don’t have the option to reset...” do you mean you as Customer Service? Because I’m thinking the owners of the platform would surely have the ability to do so. Please consider this an official request for them to do just that as we haven’t even had a chance to use this product with our clients yet but already there’s barely anything left. That doesn’t seem to make much sense…

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Admin Gal Our support team does not have the ability to reset the responses counter. I’m happy to submit the feedback to product, and if you think of anything else, please let us know.