Answered

Timer to quiz

Userlevel 2

Hi friends is it possible to add a timer or time limit to a quiz? I dont want to allow people to have it open for days.

icon

Best answer by picsoung 25 May 2021, 07:09

View original

58 replies

Hello - I’d like to create a quiz that must be completed within an allotted amount of time. Does anyone know if it is possible to add a timing component to a quiz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ClintD Thanks for stopping by! I added your post here where we have the answer. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, @r.Georg. Happy Wednesday :) 

Since we don't have a timer within the form, we cannot force the respondent to go to the following question after a period of time. Would you mind sharing how this feature would help you? I'll be happy to share this feedback with our team! 

The quiz is an evaluation for people who have just learnt some topic and this way we can avoid in some way they go to look for the answers in order to qualify.

I completely agree. I would also like to have the same functionality. We are an online training platform for entrepreneurs with a diploma at the end of the training. We don't want customers to have time to search the internet for answers (that would be cheating). That's why this timer would be perfect for our activity!

Userlevel 1

Hi, @r.Georg. Happy Wednesday :) 

Since we don't have a timer within the form, we cannot force the respondent to go to the following question after a period of time. Would you mind sharing how this feature would help you? I'll be happy to share this feedback with our team! 

The quiz is an evaluation for people who have just learnt some topic and this way we can avoid in some way they go to look for the answers in order to qualify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Vanessa de Lægger That makes complete sense! Thanks for sharing your feedback. 😀

Userlevel 1

@Vanessa de Lægger That makes complete sense! Thanks for sharing your feedback. 😀

Please, Do you plan to develop this timer functionality in your typefoms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Vanessa de Lægger This isn’t in our roadmap, but if this changes, we’ll post an update here!

+1, I would appreciate being able to ask questions with limited time so the user do not seek for the answer on google (or he’s very fast :)).

Hey @Chris.rise 

if you willing to get on a dev adventure I think this is possible.
Here is an example project that using Embed SDK, to display the typeform for a certain time. When time is over it hides the form and display a “timer is over” message.

I cannot seem to get this to work at all. I’ve set up a page exactly like you have set it up and it will not count down, or open the form at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Keithen Could you send the URL where you have this setup so we can take a look at the issue? Thanks! 😀

I just set up a separate page since the current page is gated. You can access it at here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks! @mathio , do you happen to know why the code above isn’t working? 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Liz and @Keithen , 

you have some JS errors in your code:

exam-test:4 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getCurrentMember')
at exam-test:4:25
(anonymous) @ exam-test:4
exam-test:55 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
at exam-test:55:45

It looks like you are attaching the click handler before the button element is created. Try moving your <script> to the end of the page.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for this exchange ! I also want to add a timer to my Typeform quizz. Do you know if we can add a tool with zappier which could fill this role ? 

I have noticed few of them like Timecamp or TimeTracker but I don’t know if it could work. 

Thanks ! 

Is this like a countdown? I want to use my Typeform to register and pay for an online course and create urgency by having a countdown saying 02:01:10 hours to go… 

Badge

Hi, 
I would like to put in my first form of my timeform a widget like a Countdown.
Is it possible ?
Best Regards

+1 for the timer functionality.

It would be helpful to have the possibility to set a maximum time to complete the test.

Also, an option to limit the time on the single response would be a plus.

I am on the same boat. I had to look for alternative providers as I needed timer for my Quizzes. I needed timer to record how long respondents took to answer each question too as well as limiting overall time they spend by displaying a countdown. 

Hi, did you happen to find any other alternative platform with a timer per question? I need that too.

Hello community, I wonder if there’s a way to set a clock for people to submit their answers on a quiz, I mean, a time limit on each question, let’s say, 20 seconds per question and when the time has passed, then the quiz jumps automatically to the next slide. 
Thanks so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jpmatarredona I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 😀

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any progress in this matter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @OZK There are no plans for this in the foreseeable future, but keep an eye on this post in case that changes. 

I vote for this feature.  Apart from setting time limit for a question and the quiz in general, I would also love to see how much time a student takes to answer a question. 

Hi guys, any news about a timer for typeforms?

Since typeform doesn’t have timer feature, I did the same quiz in a google form and added a timer addon to it. When importing the google form into typeform, the add on feature is not working anymore. I do know this is a workaround for the timer functionality, is there any other way to achieve my requirement?

The requirement is simple, I want to add timer to set of questions aka question group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jagadesh Ram I’ve added your post here where we have some examples for timer workarounds.