Skip to main content
Answered

Tips for long FAQs?

• 19 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello!

We currently use Typeform to create FAQs. The thing is, one of these FAQs is very long. It’s just a long list of questions for the user to click. At the very end, there’s a “Other” option for the user to type their question in case they didn’t find it in the list.

I want to make things easier for the user, as I’m sure seeing a long list is a bit daunting and we don’t want to demotivate them or to make them feel like they’re wasting their time. I’m looking for tips to manage this long list, whether it’s by growing and optimizing the logic tree or changing the design.

Any tips?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @gestion_docente 👋 Sounds like you could definitely make use of question groups and/or branching logic to separate out the questions and make things flow more nicely. Would you be happy to share your form link here so we can give more specific advice?

Typeform does have an FAQ form template  that you could use, but it sounds like your one needs to be a little more complex than that, right?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi!

We are using that FAQ template, and we are using question grouping (I assume this is what you mean?). At the moment, it looks like this: 

I just wanted to know if there were other options, such as making the questions look like cards (more visual), or adding the subquestions on the right side (like a layer that is hidden until someone clicks on a question).

I’m fearing that’s not possible. In that case, could we edit templates with HTML and CSS?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I see what you mean @gestion_docente You could try turning this into a Picture Choice question so that the options look more like cards (the picture choice question comes with a built-in icons/image/video database). There are two size options, so you could do something like:

In terms of having a panel with the sub-questions on the side you can’t do this in Typeform but you might be able to achieve a similar effect by embedding into your website (you’d need to use different typeforms on different web pages and then set up redirects).

Another option could be to cut down this initial list of categories by merging some of them, but then I guess you’ll have a similar problem when you come to list all the questions out.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you, that looks great! I’ll send this to my design team for reference.

Unfortunately, I think our LMS doesn’t allow that option, but I’ll still keep in mind to see if we can do something similar.

Again, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad it was helpful, thanks for dropping by @gestion_docente Hope the changes work out, keep us posted on how it turns out 🙂