Answered

Tracking Clicks

• 21 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Gurus,

Need some nudges on this situation:

I am conducting a research wherein the participants will answer a few questions which are binary ( True and False) but I have an additional button on same page which says “more info”. I want to measure the effect the “more info” on the overall test results, so I created another variable which is incremented by +1 whenever someone clicks on more info ( and the more info slide’s logic takes them back to the parent question later).

However, I get 0 count on the variable that gets populated by clicking “more info” , is it because the logic jump takes the participants back on the same page which eventually gets answered as “true or false”.

Appreciate guidance on this :)

icon

Best answer by Liz 21 March 2022, 21:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mayanknauni Welcome to the community! 

Sending respondents backwards in the form can break the logic, so you will need to adjust the logic jumps to only move the respondents forward  in the form. This is most likely why you’re receiving a 0 in the calculation. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz,

Appreciate your response on this :) ; changing the logic would be a bit too tedious ( more than 60 plus slides) but will definitely do that as a last resort. 

Is there any other mechanism I can use to track the user’s click on my forms?

Regards,

Mayank

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @mayanknauni Since we don’t offer click tracking, updating the logic would be your best bet. I can share this request with our product team though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - a thought here: if you did record the clicks to a counter as @mayanknauni said, BUT when the user clicks to go back to the questions again, you set the current value of the click counter into another variable ie total_clicks, before they head back.. 

this way even if the click counter is reset to zero if they branch into another area of more info and accumulate counts, adding the counter to the total_clicks variable (ie 4 from first time and 3 from second time = 7 in total_clicks) might be a workaround

just a thought though i am way under-caffeinated at the moment

des

Userlevel 1

@Liz - a thought here: if you did record the clicks to a counter as @mayanknauni said, BUT when the user clicks to go back to the questions again, you set the current value of the click counter into another variable ie total_clicks, before they head back.. 

this way even if the click counter is reset to zero if they branch into another area of more info and accumulate counts, adding the counter to the total_clicks variable (ie 4 from first time and 3 from second time = 7 in total_clicks) might be a workaround

just a thought though i am way under-caffeinated at the moment

des

Thanks John,

That was helpful; I tried doing that but the results are not favorable so far, I am trying to tweak a couple things to make it work , which would eventually go down the path that @Liz recommended i.e. forward flow.

Shall keep this thread updated with the progress :)

Userlevel 1

Update:

I have converted the flow / logic to forward logic and it works as expected.

Thanks @Liz and @John for helping me with this :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

glad it worked for you @mayanknauni !!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad that worked, @mayanknauni ! Thanks for updating us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well done, @mayanknauni! Don't forget to send us your form so we can take a look at it. We love giving feedback on different use cases! 😉