Userlevel 1

form control “invisable background” not working 

icon

Best answer by Liz 5 November 2021, 15:21

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hal welcome to the community! Could you provide your Typeform URL and some screenshots of the issue please? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hal! As my friend Liz mentioned above, it'd be very important to have your Typeform URL and some screenshots in order to help you. Can you send us this information? Wishing you a great day! :hugging:

Hi there, I confirm the issue I cannot set a transparent background from the settings menu. 

The toggle is present but nothing happens when clicking on it, it stays disabled

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PatocheFromKairn Thank you for the screenshots! When you turn the toggle on, are you also publishing the changes to your form? If not, the transparency won’t appear on the live version. 

Hey @Liz thanks for your reply. As I said, the toggle doesn’t work so there are no changes to apply or publish. Interacting with it just does nothing at all. Try it on a random form, and you’ll see what I mean

Here is a GIF to illustrate the bug, since it clearly looks like a bug

Userlevel 1

Hi there. I don’t understand. Is it a bug? If so is it set to be fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hal and @PatocheFromKairn I’m currently asking the developers why this toggle isn’t working. Once I have an update, I’ll post it here. :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Hal and @PatocheFromKairn The developers have confirmed this is a bug, and I’ll continue to provide updates as I have them. 

The same thing happens to me and it’s very frustrating.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TF1 Our developers are working on a fix for this. As soon as they’ve released it, I’ll let you know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hal @PatocheFromKairn @TF1 Our developers have fixed the issue, though I have some downsides to this fix. 

The downside is that they have completely removed the option to make the background transparent, It was placed there due to a bug, which is why it wasn’t clickable. I’ve asked them if this option will be made available in the future. 

• Me: there’s a bug on the feature
  • Tech team: let’s kill the feature

Well, at least you “fixed” the bug...

FYI, you didn’t fix our painpoint which was precisely to use transparent backgrounds on forms. Just so you know dark modes are pretty famous nowadays and users usually have the ability to toggle that mode. Which is why I believe you should tackle this issue. 

By the way, you should also “fix” your documentation: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029249212-Embed-your-typeform

It clearly states on the website you can make the background transparent so it wasn’t placed there as a bug. It’s actually insane that the ‘fix’ was to remove the feature. 

The transparent background feature was literally the only reason I wanted to use typeform over jotform. I guess I’m switching to them now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TF1 @PatocheFromKairn Apologies for any confusion. It is still possible to have a transparent background with an embedded form. Please take a look at the embed settings. You’ll need to move the slider to adjust the transparency. 

If you have any troubles finding this, please let me know. 

@Liz that’s not satisifying to me, I really need that embed link to work with transparent background (not a code snippet). Hope the team will consider it. Thanks for your help and clarification anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @PatocheFromKairn If you’re using our embed code, you have the option for the transparent background. If you’re hyperlinking the URL, then this isn’t an option we have. Do you see the options in your embed settings like in my image above? 

@Liz  Hey Liz, when embedding the form is this option available for a transparent background here in July of 2023?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @forminmyway Yup, this option still exists! 😀 You can find it in the embed settings here: