Answered

Two scores one survey?

• 18 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have a quiz in two sections. Questions 1-4 and then 5-15. We need to give them two scores, one after 1-4 and one after 5-15. I cannot figure out the correct way to do this. I have two end screens but it doesn’t seem correct. Is there a link or video tutorial somewhere?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 November 2021, 19:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jjcteam 

one simple way to do this is to create two numeric variables - say, 1score and 2score

in the logic rules for each question assign the appropriate points to the variable for that section along the lines of the following:

• if q1answer = a add 1 to 1score
  • if q1 answer =b add 2 to 1score
  • if q2answer =a add 1 to 1score
  • if q2answer=b add 2 to 2score

doing this for all the questions in the group will essentially calculate the subtotal for that section 

you could then display it on a statement question page using the @recall function 

repeat for the second set of questions which add values into the 2score variable

then at the end, if you needed to create a total, you can add 1score and 2score to the score variable which is there by default. 

hope this helps

des

Badge

Hi, I am very new to Typeform. These are all scale questions on a scale of 1-10. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

perfect @jjcteam . based on the selected scale of 1-10, just add that value (the answer) to the variable for the subtotal. 

Badge

Hi, this is very confusing to me. Is there a video with this process that I can follow?