Answered

Typeform inserts backslashes in line returns when writing a follow-up

• 4 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I am an intensive user of the follow-ups, which I use to share form responses to various people based on the answers.

However, as of recently I have started noticing a pattern where my bulleted lists would feature “\” in front of everything when I save them. Yesterday this has also appeared in an e-mail object.

Basically, I type this:

• First name:  @AnswerFirstName
  • Last name: @AnswerLastName

And after hitting “Save”, I see this:

\- First name:  @AnswerFirstName

`\- Last name: @AnswerLastName

It actually gets worse over time, as if I edit something in the follow-up I then have more backslashes stacking up, ending in “\\\\\\- Last name: @AnswerLastName”

It looks really messy. I have thought of a markdown mistake, but couldn’t solve it so far. Is there anything I am missing ?

Thank you !

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 April 2024, 14:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Piment Thanks for stopping by the community and sorry for the trouble with your notifications. 

We don’t currently support formatting within our notifications, which might be causing the issue. You could try using the proper markdown for a bullet point, which would be either  the - or the * symbol, but if it doesn’t work, I’m afraid we can’t support the issue. 😪

Hi @Liz, unfortunately I am not talking about formatting in the notification itself, but directly on the Typeform portal.

To be clear, the backslash is added on the follow-up menu after clicking “Save”.

I am using “- “ to create a bulleted list, and the backslash is added afterwards.

Here is what it looks like after removing the backslashes and clicking Save:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Piment Ah got it, shoot! I was hoping the - would work. 

The downside is we don’t currently support formatting in our notifications, so if the usual markdown isn’t working, I’m afraid I don’t have a workaround for this. 

Though, I will ask our product team why the \’s are appearing because that is odd. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello again, @Piment ! The \’s that you’re seeing are confirmed bugs. While I don’t have a specific timeframe on a fix for this, our developers are working on rolling out improvements to follow-ups throughout the year to help fix issues like this. 

Hi Liz, thank you very much for sharing !

Hopefully this will be fixed soon. Looking forward to it !

Thanks again :)