Answered

Typeform Only show questions later on in survey if 4 or 5 was answered

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

How do I make my survey more advanced to based on their response, the survey will lead them to different options but later on in the survey. Question #1 in my survey is a 1-5 scale...I only want to show people question #9 who answered 4&5 in my survey, but I don’t want to immediately jump to #9. I’m only seeing the option to jump right to 9...I want it to show up later. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by jvh 23 February 2022, 16:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @alanaleonhard! Welcome to our Community! :wave_tone2:

I believe you can achieve that by using logic (branching and calculations) to show only relevant questions to your respondents. We have a very useful step by step guide teaching how to do that, you can check it here. Let me know if it's clear and if you have any other questions. 

Any other ideas on how she can get this done @Liz ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! Hope you have a great day! :wink:

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi @alanaleonhard,

I would do this by adding the logic to the question #8. I’ve done a quick screen recording to hopefully help explain but essentially, you can add logic to check the answers of a previous question at any stage so for your form you can add logic to question #8 to check if the answer to question #1 is 4 or 5 and only in that case jump to question #9.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Joyce

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @alanaleonhard were you able to update the logic? :grinning: