Answered

Typeform with External Link ONLY

• 26 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I use a Typeform for a lengthy questionnaire that has its own subpage on my website.  (https://hilarybeckwith.com/candida-questionnaire)

I would like to also create a pop-up Typeform for my main landing page that only has some text and a button that links TO that subpage. Due to the lengthy format of the questions, I don’t like the idea of the questionnaire itself being used in the pop-up.

Is this a possibility without using hyperlinked text? Would prefer a button, as that looks much nicer.

icon

Best answer by Harsh 26 June 2023, 17:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @hbeckwith 

There is no need to have a separate Typeform linking to that Typeform (assuming you do not want to capture any additional data)

You could simply create a popup on your site having a link (or button) which points to the Typeform URL

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Harsh Yes, this is what I’m trying to do, as I mentioned. The question is, How?

Typeform creates pop-ups, but apparently not one that includes a button I can link externally (unless I just can’t find it?).

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@hbeckwith

Typeform is used to create forms. The popup functionality is simply one of the ways Typeform gives us to display the form

What you are wanting is basically a simple popup with no form i.e no Typeform functionality

You could create this popup (which has a link to your Typeform) on your site using HTML, CSS and Javascript . If you are using a CMS such as Wordpress etc there may be some plugins to available to do the same.

However creating the popup using HTML, CSS and Javascript is a sure shot way

A Google search for “create a popup using html and javscript and css” should point you in the right direction

Hope this helps!