Answered

Undo changes made/revert to previously published version

• 3 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Accidentally deleted all my logic, i have not saved the changes myself, i.e. i have not published those changes, but i cannot find a way to “undo the changes” or just revert to the published version which these changes had not been applied to. any ideas!?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 November 2022, 17:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@katherine.oliver - unfortunately you are out of luck on this. I did the same thing a couple of times early on before i started falling back on ‘old school’ methods to make sure i did not lose anything: 

• when you ‘finish’ a typeform make a duplicate so that you always have a copy of your current version
  • i create a backup folder in Typeform and i put a copy of the working typeform there as well (yes, i have two copies .. paranoia ….)
  • BEFORE you make any changes to a typeform, ALWAYS make a duplicate of the form and try out the changes in that copy - this way your ‘production version’ can still run and work while you are testing out any changes. 

these are just some of the best practices that need to be followed to be safe… 

des

This is ridiculous, how is there no undo or reject changes function? This feels like working with Microsoft Sharepoint

Hello, I accidentally deleted a section of my typeform and I would like to retrieve that version as it was created by someone else and not me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gayatri Thanks for stopping by the community! While we don’t have a feature that would allow you to revert to a previous version of the form, I have added your post here where we have an existing discussion with some workarounds. 

Hi @Liz ,

Is the Typeform Product Team planning for an undo/redo feature? I can’t believe it’s been at least 3 years your users are asking for it and still there is no such a thing. This is the first webapp I used without an undo feature and, sorry but… it is a shame!
If not, I guess I will find another equivalent tool, let’s be honest, you cannot work properly without this kind of feature actually...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Solveig I’m afraid it’s not currently on the roadmap as they’re working on other features with more requests, but if that changes, we’ll post an update here.