Answered

Updating choices in a dropdown question?

• 7 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, I just posted this question to support but thought I’d try here as well.  I have a little form soliciting responses to questions asked by The Rain that are part of art installations in my town.  The last question in the dropdown is “What else should The Rain ask?”  As I install more questions, I’d like to insert them above this in the choices in the dropdown.  But when I try to do that I get a warning that if I add or reorder choices I may lose all response data.  Plus, my website lovetherain.org is publishing the responses, so I’m worried that those may disappear if I add another choice.  Is there any safe way for me to add to the choices in a dropdown question?

icon

Best answer by Paulo 8 November 2021, 02:29

View original

2 replies

Hi @Erin Robertson! This is from another user.

If the responses you’re publishing on your website are not dynamically linked to the form you won't lost them even if you change your form. For more information about editing a Typeform that is already live and collecting responses I suggest you take a look in this help article:

https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057454351

I hope it helps!

Thanks!  This link explained that by adding a choice I might get misleading data (because the data would not reflect that the choices had changed over the span of the survey period).  That’s not a concern for me, because I’m just interested in the qualitative responses that people are typing, not some quantitative analysis like how many people choose option A vs. option B.  So, this response made me brave enough to add the choice I had wanted to add.