Answered

Urgent Logic Jumps Help!

• 26 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi Everyone,

Logic jumps are getting the better of me! I’ve created logic jumps for a multiple choice question (you can select multiple options). When I test it it works for each of the multiple choice options, the issue lies when you select more than one option on the question, it takes you to the follow on question relating to the first option you’ve selected, after that it jumps the following on question for the next option they have selected. Any ideas?

Need to get this live asap so any help is greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 1 April 2021, 13:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @AllBright thanks for dropping by! Would you mind sharing screenshots of your current logic jump setup so we can take a look and help? Thanks!

Hi @Liz thanks so much, please see screenshots below! It’s long so I’ve just included a couple 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AllBright - from a user here.. it seems that what you are trying to do is something along these lines: 

• i select a,b,d from question 1
  • i jump to the pages assigned from q1=a  (i will say go to page 9)
  • answer the question on page 9 which jumps to 10 then 11
  • after answering all the questions related to my answer q1=a, jump to the page related to answer q1=b

if this is basically the scenario, then at the point in the question routing where you have finished the requirements for the first answer selection, you then have to give typeform the instruction to jump the page for the second multiple choice response ie on question 11 in my example above, i would have to have  logic statement on that page that says if q2=b, then jump to q16. 

at least this is the type of logic pathing that i have had to do on my typeforms  - typeform doesn’t necessarily support jumping ‘backwards’ in the question paths, so you need to be sure that you are not breaking that constraint ie you reset any answers by jumping backwards - if that makes sense 

@Mariana @Liz - is there a better official means to do this other than my hackaround?

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes! That’s correct, @john.desborough ! :grinning: