Answered

Use answers from question X as answers in question Y

• 22 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all, I’ve been looking around in this community & on the web but haven’t found an answer to my question.

I want to create a questionnaire where the Question 1 is Multiple Choice (multiple selections) with 6 options. In the Question 2, I only want to show the options that were choses in Question 1 as answers. So If you select 4 options in Question 1, only these 4 options are shown in Question 2.

Anyone knows if this is possible in Typeform?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 September 2021, 19:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @impensq Welcome to the community! It isn’t possible to pass the answers provided in one question into another. One workaround for this would be to add as many combinations of the question/answers as possible and use logic jumps to show the ones that apply based on their previous answers. 

It’s a bit time consuming of a solution, but it’s an option! 

Badge

Hi everybody, I am new in Typeform, and 

I ask a first question A with:

• Choice A1
  • Choice A2
  • Choice A3

and I ask a second question B:

• Choice B1
  • Choice B2
  • Choice B3

and I ask a third question C:

• Choice C1
  • Choice C2
  • Choice C3

If we suppose that the person, have chosen Choice A2, Choice B3 and Choice C3

I would like to ask him a new question, that after he can choose between his 3 first choices (without any writing):

• Choice A2
  • Choice B3
  • Choice C3

Do you think is it possible ? with variable ?

Thank you for your help !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ceneri Added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions. 😀

Hi @impensq Welcome to the community! It isn’t possible to pass the answers provided in one question into another. One workaround for this would be to add as many combinations of the question/answers as possible and use logic jumps to show the ones that apply based on their previous answers. 

It’s a bit time consuming of a solution, but it’s an option! 

Hi Liz, was this sorted out or we are still unable to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lissette Natively, there isn’t exactly a way to do this, but you can try using the method here