Use hidden fields in Typeform answers

• 9 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Sharing wisdom
  • 18 replies

Hi,

I have created a Typeform with hidden fields so Name and e-mail address is already known.

Can I create a question regarding email address and the hidden field is default populated as an answer or how do you suggest I do it? My plan was that for example they can make modification to their name if it was not right populated from the CRM.

/TJ

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 March 2022, 17:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @tojo Nice to see you here again! It isn’t possible to pre-populate answers, but you could recall the hidden fields into a question to have the respondent confirm if the data is correct, like this: 

Then, if the data isn’t correct, you could set a logic jump to send them to another question that would allow them to update the information. 

I had the same question. This is how I implemented it but the problem is when the survey responses are recorded, they are blank for the questions when the hidden field is correct, which requires more work on the back end to fill these in for our database. Today, we ask the respondent to fill these in and were hoping to make the survey experience more user friendly to pre-populate the fields we already know. Any thoughts? 

Below is what I am talking about

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

My idea was to show the information I have got and ask if it is OK. If not setup a multichoice where they can picked which fields that need to be replace or filled in. I’m sorry that it is Swedish.

thanks tojo, but that does not solve my issue. I need the hidden fields to show up as answers in the results, not the selection of Yes/No or multiple choice. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

OK, I had the same idea but I did not find a solution for that,

We have the same problem here:

We need the hidden field to populate the answer so in Trello integration the data can be shown inside a card (into typeform integration table).