Answered

Use logic jump or score and logic jump that doesnt activate immediately

• 22 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I am a complete newbie and building something for my work. I have read and watched the tools on the site but am still quite confused and wonder if someone can please give me the layman answer on 2 queries I still have. 

I have a quiz (similar to a personality quiz) which has a fair few questions, however only a couple of them actually effect the outcome - the rest are data gathering. Now, I originally watched some tuitorial videos on the site and saw “endings” functionality and thought to myself - amazing, too easy, thats me!

The plot thickens… I seem to be on ‘classic builder' (whatever that is) and my interface is different to the demo video I watched and doesn't have endings... So now it seems I should use ‘thank you screen’ and logic jump…. (or maybe calculator) that is one question - which of these options do you think would be better to help me direct people to the end result they got (1 of 4 results)

My other question is if I use the logic jump, can you add the logic jump to a question, but have it happen at the end?

So, for example lets say my quiz has 5 questions but only Q1 influences the outcome (which thank you screen version they are directed to) and it needs to stay as Q1 and cant become Q4, can I add a logic jump to Q1 but not have it happen until they complete the quiz at Q5?

Sorry if that is overly complicated, I am so confused and becoming so stressed about this as I am on a deadline. I really appreciate any help anyone can give me :) Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 April 2021, 21:29

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Georgia apologies for the delay here - I’ve been out sick the past few days. :( I see our support team was able to help you, so I added their response below, just in case anyone here happens to have the same questions! 

You can create your quiz and add the endings. You can apply this workflow so people see a different ending based on their answers.

Regarding the other question, the short answer is yes: you can add a logic jump on Q5, for example, to direct your respondents to a different follow-up question based on the response they gave to Q1. The thing is that, in order to do this, you need to use advanced logic, while the workflow I indicated before is based on simple logic, and it's not possible to combine both.

If there are any other questions we can help answer, please let us know! I’ll try not to disappear from here again for too long. :grinning: