Skip to main content
Answered

Use multiple choice answers in next matrix question

• 20 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I’m trying to create the logic that in question 1 I have multiple select choice question (say they chose red, pink and blue but not green or black) and then I want the answers they selected to come back as the columns in the next matrix question. 

Any idea how to set that up? 

Thanks! 

Aske

Hi @aske Happy Tuesday! Welcome to the community. :grin:

It isn’t possible to use answers as questions or items in a matrix question, I’m afraid. Though, if you think of any other questions, let us know!

Hi Liz, Thanks for letting me know. I now see I’m not the only one asking for it. Can’t wait for this feature to get out of backlog. Like John, I’m happy to be a beta-version test pilot! 

As an alternative I was thinking: can I link a simple multiple answer multiple choice question in logic, say: if they select black AND red they go to question 3 and if they only select black they go to question 4? That way I could at least solve some of it through logic flows, it would make a hell of a complicated survey, but still do-able...

Thanks! 

Aske

Hi @aske Yes! That is something you could do with advanced branching using the steps here. 🙂 Granted, you are right about the amount of logics you’d have to setup, but it would be possible!