Answered

using discount codes for ticket sales?

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there-

I am using typeform to sell tickets to online workshops.  Are you able to create a discount code where someone might be able to get an alternate price or guest ticket?

Thanks!

Jeana

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 March 2021, 20:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jcm2021 - from a user here

Depending on your process, if you are sending out a promo code or it is on your website, then you could create a question in the typeform during the registration process that asks the user, do you have a promo/discount code?  if so enter it in the field below or just skip the question OR you could use logic jump to go to promocode entry page if they say yes or bypass if they say no

back this up with the logic rule/calculations behind the question with something like “if promocode is xxxyyy then multiply price by 80% ( or add the 80% price value to the variable called price - or a subtotal variable you create) 

hope that helps a little.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jcm2021 We also have a solution below that may work, too, if you’ve got the discount codes created already!

I don’t want to ask an explicit question if you have a discount code- I want there to be a small field they can enter it during payment. IF you ask every single ticket purchaser about a code- then every single ticket purchaser will want a code.  does that make sense? can this just be integrated into the credit card form?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jcm2021 We don’t have a coupon code field on the payment question, but this is a great suggestion!