Question

Using logic function to get multiple answers to the same questions

• 7 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I’m trying to collect feedback on quality of products. People answering my Typeform may want to report back on quality of more than one products, so I used the logic feature to loop back round like so:

Q1 - what product would you like to give feedback on?

Q2 - what is quality issue would you like to report?

Q3 - score how bad the quality issue is 

Q4 - would you like to report another quality issue? 

If the respondent answers “Yes” to Q4, the logic feature is set up to loop them back around to Q1. 

However when set up this way, it starts overwriting the original answers to Q1. Is there a way of asking the same questions again without duplicating the questions? (Q1-4 above is a very simplified version of my typeform - to duplicate would be a nightmare!)

TIA :) 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@supplyteamwe - welcome to the Community.

this comes from a fellow user. 

unfortunately that is the case - and i had the same (relative) issue when i wanted folks to be able to loop back to the top and order another t-shirt from a small storefront typeform. 

One work around that I used in two different contexts: 

• create the set of questions as a question group and duplicate your question group, say 3-5 times 
  • at the end of the first question group have a yes/no question that shows their input from the previous questions using recall and then have them choose yes to go to enter details on another product (next question group) or no and head them to an ending
    • i used this method with 3 question groups to limit people to ordering only 3 tshirts on one order, so that i did not have to have too many duplicate question sets lol.  - here’s a sample version of that form without the payment question 
    • this way you get to decide how many products that they can put in at one time. yes you have to copy the q groups and make sure the logic gets you through the flow properly but it works
  • another way to do this might be to ask the user how many products they want to review, again you can set the limit .. say up to ten
    • you then create the question groups as above up to the max number
    • you create a variable, call it number_count for example and set the value of Number_count to the answer from the question to the user about the number of reviews. 
    • at the end of each question group, you subtract 1 from the number_count variable and then evaluate it as follows: if number_count = 0 then go to ending otherwise jump to next question group 
      • this way, if they put in 6 at the start, after the 6th one, they are routed out automatically.. 
    • here is a short sample of something similar where i ask how many people someone wants to register and then takes their name - it is not a question group but the logic principal applies. 

this may not be perfect but would be a workaround option

note that you should make a copy of your typeform and test it out on that, if you want to group the questions in to question group and then duplicate the question group. that way you wont lose your original, like i did the first time lol

cheers

des