Answered

Using Picture Choice to give answer options

• 28 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, newbie here. I saw someone else use what appeared to be the “Picture Choice” option where multiple pics were used as options of different questions to answer, so when you click one it takes you to a text question to answer that corresponds with that picture but I can’t see exactly how to do that. Help?! :)

icon

Best answer by shelleywales 29 March 2022, 19:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I think I figured out to use logic to re-route to text questions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @shelleywales! That's great! Can you share with us how you did this? We'd love to hear about the solution you found! 😉

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sure, I had to add each of the “picture” options as a separate question, then I went into the “logic” and set each picture option to jump to the corresponding question.  Lastly, for that question’s logic I had to select at the bottom “in all other cases jump to” and selected the Next question in the survey so the participant would automatically go to the next question after answering on of those Picture options. I’ve attached some screen shots. 

I do wonder if I could make it where they could answer more than one of the picture options though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It's beautiful, @shelleywales! Well done! 

I do wonder if I could make it where they could answer more than one of the picture options though…

I think this would interfere in the logic you've built. Unless you select more than one answer leading to the same corresponding question. Not sure! Any thoughts, @Liz

Don't forget to share the link to your quiz with us. We'd love to test it out and give you some feedback! Have a nice day! 😉

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Gabi Amaral   Here is my link: 

I also failed to mention above that in addition to the logic branching I did on those Picture Choices, I also had to go into each answer choice and set it up as the “answer” to that Picture question and then have it jump to the next regular question after that, like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@shelleywales You’ve definitely got the logic jumps setup correctly! The only thing I can think of that might make it cleaner is using a Question Group to group the picture questions/short text questions together. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Amazing, @shelleywales! Thanks for sharing it with us! Yes, the logic jumps seems to be perfect! Great job! 😉