Answered

various Qs = inc photo rotation

• 4 February 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

i have signed up for the £25 per month option.

still finding it very difficult to navigate -

Qs - any portrait orientation photos i put into Qs are turning landscape annoyingly...

Qs - the zooming in on a mobile version of a Q goes fairly AWOL, especially if photos are involved.

thanks so much. i think this could be such a useful tool and I will be blogging about it to many in the gaming community, but I will need to get comfortable with it first. please help!!

i know you have the help centre but it is far from sctractching where i am itching at present... very generic...

thanks

andy

icon

Best answer by Liz 5 February 2021, 18:20

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andy flannagan ! :) 

The images on the forms are automatically resized for best fit to ensure they appear nicely on every device and browser. It may be helpful to follow the recommend image sizes when uploading your images so they fit nicely on your form, too!

For example, if you’re adding images to the picture choice, 

• Width of images in landscape mode will be resized to a maximum of 230 pixels.
  • Height of images in portrait mode will be resized to a maximum of 230 pixels.

You can learn more about image sizing for each question and location here. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

thanks very much. that’s helpful re the re-sizing, but why are all the portrait images turning 90 degrees when they appear on the question? that’s the issue. thanks…

af

Userlevel 1
Badge

it’s even more of a problem when you view on a mobile because when the portrait photos turn landscape, it is almost impossible to ‘zoom’ on them without the page going AWOL and getting stuck on the text rather than the photo...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@andy flannagan would you mind linking to your form here so I can take a look? :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

https://admin.typeform.com/form/mGqOWCfu/create

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andy flannagan thanks! This is the internal link - do you mind sharing the public one? You can find this under the “Share” tab in the builder. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

sorry! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andy flannagan Ah, I see now. This is a bit strange. Do you mind sharing or attaching one of the images that is flipping horizontally here? My inclination is thinking that the image itself is originally horizontal, but I can’t quite tell from the form. Thank you again! :grinning:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andy flannagan Huh, that is strange. I’m not quite sure why this is happening, as it shouldn’t be adjusting, but our support team will be better equipped to log into your form and take a closer look into this. Could I have you contact them here? They should be able to narrow this down faster for you! :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Great thanks. How do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @andy flannagan - at the link here, if you scroll down to “contact support,” you’ll be able to contact them! Let me know once you do, and I’ll nudge them. :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

okay thanks. submitted to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I nudged them for you, @andy flannagan . :grinning: