Answered

Videos in my published typeform not autoplaying on laptops

• 9 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, I am testing one of my published typeform and I’ve noticed that all of the vimeo videos I added are not autoplaying on my laptops. I found that I have to right-click the video and select “show controls” and click play button manually to play each video. But they play automatically without any problems on typeform ‘create’ page. Is it a problem of some settings of my laptops or something? How can I fix this?

*I don’t have this problem with my mobile. 

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 September 2021, 23:00

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @junga Happy little Friday! At the moment, we don’t currently support autoplay for Vimeo or YouTube videos embedded in the forms, which is why this isn’t working consistently. Though, I can share this as feedback to our product team for you. 

If you think of any other questions or suggestions, please let us know!

When are you planning to support autoplay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Alejandro Zarate This isn’t on our roadmap due to the issue is causes with making the form accessible, but if that changes, I’ll post an update here. 

Hi @Liz , sorry - but the integrated pexels library videos are not autoplaying in my form neither... They only autoplay when you're building the form - but once you preview or view the published form - they are static... Same when i try to embed the form on wordpress.. Could someone please help? I spent a day building a form and then this happenes... What's the point of the pexels videos if they don't autoplay? Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Licor Could you share the URL of your form so we can take a look? Thanks!

Thank You for the quick response @Liz ! All sorted, it turned out there was an issue with my computer.

Thanks again!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Happy you were able to sort it out, @Licor! Feel free to share the link to your form with us so we can test it and give some feedback! 😉