We're sorry to see you go. Could you tell us why you didn't complete the form?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Dear Typeform,

I am very disappointed by the service, due to the pop-up form that appears on all the forms without any permission from the owner.
1. We were not informed of such actions.
2. Our forms are non-english and users are distracted.
3. We pay for subscription to use service as we intended and this is very unprofessional
4. Very bad user exerience.
5. We’re investing into marketing and this breaks our conversion ratios.
6. The form is even loading not when it is supposed to. 

Please Immediately disable this feature, as we are very unsatisfied with this experience!!!

Liz 1 year ago

Hi everyone - thanks for sharing your feedback.

I’m sorry for all the frustration it caused you (and the surprise).

Because of the frustration, we’ve removed the feature, so you should no longer see the popup on the form.

View original

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ValdemarQ - can you share a link where this is happening? I just tested on a number of my forms and on several of my clients’ forms and am not seeing it.. but i would be worried if i was seeing.. 

des

Dear Typeform,
I repost this thing because I get a serious problem: 

I am very disappointed by the service, due to the pop-up form that appears on all the forms without any permission from the owner.
1. We were not informed of such actions.
2. Our forms are non-english and users are distracted.
3. We pay for subscription to use service as we intended and this is very unprofessional
4. Very bad user exerience.
5. We’re investing into marketing and this breaks our conversion ratios.
6. The form is even loading not when it is supposed to. 

Please Immediately disable this feature, as we are very unsatisfied with this experience!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes, I am worried on seeing this...I see it on all of my forms.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hey all,

I’m sorry to hear that this is causing some frustration! I thought I’d try to help by providing some context about this. We’re currently running an experiment for 1 week where we try to gather information from users who appear to intend on exiting the form before completing it. The popup appears when the user moves their cursor to the top of the screen. Once the popup is closed, it will not appear again.

The experiment only runs on desktop (which represents about 35% of users), embedded forms are excluded and only forms in English are being targeted.

Our intention for this experiment is to test an email reminder feature since we know that a lot of users start a form and never complete it. Once we have gathered enough data, the experiment will be turned off.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit but please do continue to talk to our support team if you receive further feedback from your customers.

Thanks

Joyce

Userlevel 1

Thank you @jvh for your explanation, it is useful to have some context. 

However, I need to agree @ValdemarQ in that not only should we be informed about such changes but - especially - we should have the option to turn such functionalities on and off

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Emotionable Which popup form are you referring to? Could you send a screenshot/URL? 

Overnight it looks like an exit survey has appear on our surveys when the user tries to close their browser? I can’t find any setting to turn this off

@Liz – this is happening to our account too. How on earth do you turn this off?

Like this one?  It just appeared today and I can’t find a way to disable it.  Not thrilled.

Same here, on all our surveys. Please address this ASAP.

We are having this same problem! We need to be able to switch this functionality off - how can we do this?

I have received confused feedback from two customers from a different account, wondering what they did wrong and if they can still complete the survey at a later date. This is not good.

Please advise how to stop or turn off.

This is currently appearing on our forms and I’m a VERY DISSATISFIED paying customer.

1. Feedback on the feature -- it is FAR too aggressive. I’m testing, as an implementor, with every intention to complete the form, and I’m getting this dialog EVERY TIME. It’s far too overly-pessimistic and painfully intrusive.
  2. Feedback on the silent test -- this has NEGATIVELY impacted our user experience, something, in some cases, we cannot tolerate. Feature testing like this, that reroutes the user experience, should be something I’m asked to opt-in to. Or at worst, I should be warned and given the choice to opt-out, so I don’t have to google search to find out why our forms are suddenly modally blocking.

I’m an extremely unhappy customer this evening.

Totally agree. This is causing issues with our client’s and process. Please turn this off ASAP. Totally unacceptable. And we aren’t even given access to the answers!

I love this idea, but I’m not a fan of the execution.

Being able to capture why people are leaving a survey would be extremely valuable, but having it pop up immediately when someone’s cursor reaches the top of the screen is very frustrating.  At a minimum I would like a way to turn it off for specific forms.

Hi @Emotionable Which popup form are you referring to? Could you send a screenshot/URL? 

Why this pop up appear ?

Please please please turn it off. There are so many comments on here about how it’s disrupting businesses. 

You’d think your product team would understand this.

At least build in an off function. 

Put your customers first next time and let us all know something so disruptive is being launched 

Hi @Liz

How can we remove the "Can't finish it now" pop-up? I can't find how to disable or configure this option.

The decision to release this pop up without the ability to switch it off or without notification like this is truly staggering. Zero consideration given to clients branding or at all. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Signing the petition for I f’n hate this!

Wtf Typeform. We are paying subscribers and we’re trying to raise an investment round with our form which is just 3 simple questions. This makes us look completely unprofessional!

Turn it off for paying clients!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

PS - has this coincidentally disabled automated emails setup to notify respondents upon completion of the form?? The email we use to send the link to our pitch deck as we promise in our campaign, which isn’t working anymore???

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I am worried on seeing this...I see it on all of my forms.

Ours is embedded. It still triggers. Unbelievably stupid.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hey all,

I’m sorry to hear that this is causing some frustration! I thought I’d try to help by providing some context about this. We’re currently running an experiment for 1 week where we try to gather information from users who appear to intend on exiting the form before completing it. The popup appears when the user moves their cursor to the top of the screen. Once the popup is closed, it will not appear again.

The experiment only runs on desktop (which represents about 35% of users), embedded forms are excluded and only forms in English are being targeted.

Our intention for this experiment is to test an email reminder feature since we know that a lot of users start a form and never complete it. Once we have gathered enough data, the experiment will be turned off.

I hope that clarifies things a little bit but please do continue to talk to our support team if you receive further feedback from your customers.

Thanks

Joyce

Turn it off for paying customers!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello!

We used your software for registration for one of our events, but I encountered a quite disturbing problem during testing. When I was testing the completion of this questionnaire: https://form.typeform.com/to/Z1PLJul8, a survey popup constantly appeared, asking why I was leaving the page and not continuing the completion, even though I didn't click out of the questionnaire, so the completion was still in progress. I didn't set this up myself, I assume you would like more information about the performance of the software, but it is terribly disturbing and will result in fewer applicants, as firstly the popup is in English, while our applicants are Hungarian, and secondly, popups significantly reduce conversion. Please help resolve this problem as soon as possible!!!

Thank you!

Best regards:

Alexandra Andorko

Please add your grievance here and vote it up:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Please add your grievance here and vote it up: