What do you think about changing the "Send Typeform text"?

• 5 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

As you probably know, you can change the “Send Typeform text” in the Messages pane.

I was just wondering whether anyone has tried changing the text to be something less obvious – like “OK” to match the normal button text to go to the next answer?

On one hand, this would hide the fact that you are about to submit the form (potentially increasing the submission / conversion rate).

But equally, this may go against best practice with forms to provide that sign post (i.e. the way Typeform was originally designed).

What do you think?

Have you tried this before? Or do you feel we have a moral obligation to be transparent with users?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DavidD - I often change the text for the Submit button, especially when i am using a multiple typeform sequence. Also have changed it for other types of forms ie “Get your report now” or “See your recommendation now”

all depends on how you are having the conversation with the user

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@john.desborough thanks for your input :)

And for sure! It’s always good to optimize the “Call to Action” button as you say. “Submit” is rather vanilla. Especially for Typeform, we should remind the user of the original promise, the reason why they’re filling out the form, and imply immediate gratification.

But what I’m suggesting is that – because of the way Typeform is designed (paginated form with an OK button per page) – have you ever been tempted to conceal the final submission button so it doesn’t broadcast to the user that they have come to the end of the form?

If not, I might try this or A/B test it to see whether it affect the conversion rate or data quality.