Answered

What is the character count limit for both the short and long answer options?

• 29 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

What is the character count limit for both the short and long answer options? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 30 March 2022, 03:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shelleywales Happy Tuesday! You can find the character limits for each question here

Userlevel 2
Badge

Character count limits don’t appear to be mentioned in the video you linked, but I have since noticed that both the long and short text option have a “Max character” toggle when switched on appears to let me choose to set it from 0-9999999999. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@shelleywales - if you scroll down the page that @Liz mentions above, you will find this in the details: 

Text

Short Text

If you want a short written answer from people, this is what you need. You can choose a character limit for answers, from 0-999 characters.

Long Text

This is ideal if you want people to write you long answers. You can also choose a character limit, like with Short text questions. If you don’t use Character limit, answers can be as long as people want!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @john.desborough and @Liz! I regret that I didn’t scroll down, I just watched the video! 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @john.desborough and @Liz! I regret that I didn’t scroll down, I just watched the video! 🤣

Thanks @john.desborough and @Liz! I regret that I didn’t scroll down, I just watched the video! 🤣

@shelleywales - what happens in community, stays in community … lol.. 

glad to be of service.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@shelleywales I would have done the same thing ha! No worries at all. I thought I had linked to the specific section, but my struggle was very real. Glad you found the info!