Answered

What's possible with variables?

• 14 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

We need to pass through data to a CRM via Zapier based on the results of 1 question on our form. 

We have a question that asks for a child's age, 1-18. If they answer ages 1-4, they will need a certain attribute associated with them (Anchors). If they are ages 5-18, they will need a different attribute (Bridges). There is a field in the CRM that has to be selected - either Bridges or Anchors.

Is it possible to have the respondents answer produce a value that we can pass through? 

Here is the form: https://clientobsession.typeform.com/to/HLewLEIW#google_ad=xxxxx

Here is a video that may make it clearer: 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 April 2022, 22:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@emilyg - what is the CRM? each one has its own ‘foibles’

des

Userlevel 1

@john.desborough Freshworks/Freshsales. The direct integration they offer with TF is trash so we’re going through Zapier. 

ps. TF Support lovingly responded with the solution below, now I just need to wrap my head around implementing it without having a breakdown. 🤣

In this case, I would recommend adding a Text Variable and then replacing that Variable depending on the answer to Q7. Take a look at my screenshots to see a quick example I built, hopefully, that's clear

Depending on how the data is passed moving forwards, you can use Variables in Redirect URLs with Recall Information and Redirect on Completion (which I can see is already set up on this form!).

Otherwise, the Variables should be available as a field in Zapier once the typeform is Published

You can also set up multiple Calendly Questions in one typeform that are connected to different accounts, it's just a matter of making sure you're signed in to the account that matches the Caledly account you want to connect in your browser each time. A bit tedious, but possible!

Alternatively, you can direct straight to Calendly with this workaround in our Help Center

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Don't forget to let us know when you implement it, @emilyg! And of course, feel free to ask any questions you might have along the way 😉