Answered

Why is there no question type for Currency?

Seems like a common use case, where someone creating a form would want to ask users a financial question. Is there no way to create a formatted number field with commas and currency symbols?

icon

Best answer by Liz 27 July 2021, 21:58

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmatranga7 Happy Tuesday! We don’t currently have this field in our forms, though I’m happy to pass along the feedback to our product team. Is there anything else I can help answer? :grin:

Hi, we are beginning to use Typeform for loans but not having a field that formats currency is becoming kind of a deal breaker :( 

Please include some kind of mask in a number field to format the input as a currency.

Hi @dmatranga7 Happy Tuesday! We don’t currently have this field in our forms, though I’m happy to pass along the feedback to our product team. Is there anything else I can help answer? :grin:

Also looking for the “Currency” field if asking for a financial input.

Both currency and formatted number entry (e.g. 1,000,000 vs. the current 1000000) are really important. I’m stunned that Typeform doesn’t have this already. Feels like there are many form libraries that provide this automatically. I understand some of the issues of converting a number format into CSV and then getting the annoying scientific notation interpretation in Excel’s digestion of the CSV output. But, Typeform should tackle this!

I too expected a currency field. 

+1 for the currency field. Feels like an easy win here….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @rd4282 @tjericson ! It’s not currently in the works, but if that changes, we’ll post so here. 

Where is the currency format?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Wealth Management , similar to my response to you on the other post, this isn’t a feature we offer at this time. 

Both currency and formatted number entry (e.g. 1,000,000 vs. the current 1000000) are really important. I’m stunned that Typeform doesn’t have this already. Feels like there are many form libraries that provide this automatically. I understand some of the issues of converting a number format into CSV and then getting the annoying scientific notation interpretation in Excel’s digestion of the CSV output. But, Typeform should tackle this!

I’m a bit shocked that Typeform doesn’t have this. You have calculations and videos that speak of the price of a pizza in currency, yet the person completing the form doesn’t have the option to do the same. We work in finance. This kindof blows the idea of using this extensively.

I’m a bit shocked that Typeform doesn’t have this. You have calculations and videos that speak of the price of a pizza in currency, yet the person completing the form doesn’t have the option to do the same. We work in finance. This kindof blows the idea of using this extensively.

Potentially on to the next one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brian A thanks for sharing your feedback! I’ll send it along to the product team. 

It's been 2 years since the community requested numbers with commas. It's discouraging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I definitely feel the pain, @brunosevero ! I know the product team is currently working on the 2024 roadmap, so I’m hoping this feature will be included. 🙂

Hey there @Liz I agree with @brunosevero@rd4282, @Brian A, and @Wealth Management and am also surprised it’s been years since this was brought up but not yet resolved. This is a deal breaker for me and I suspect others. Not having this totally wrecks our credibility as companies that deal in the finance realm.

I’ll let the others chime in but we need:

1. Ability to enable commas
  2. Ability to enable currency in (e.g. Dollar, Euro, Yen, Pound, etc.)
  3. Ability to enable decimals and set the decimal place
  4. Ability to enable the input to be a percent

I would look to how Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel enable numerical formatting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing this, @danzaharia ! And also thanks for sharing a bit about where you’d be using the forms - this is helpful for product to know the use cases behind features requested like this. 

+1 for a currency field. The unformatted number field isn’t as presentable in finished forms as it should be. Dev team please add this!!! 

Typeform offers beautiful forms. Having numbers input and variables calculated in Currency Format with comma separators is a must-have for my business. 

I don’t want to be forced to use Jotform for this functionality so please consider adding this as soon as possible.

Thank you

Yeah I also agree with this.. it has been a long time since typeform really improved… and this seems like a no-brainer