Answered

Advanced Multiple Choice Options in VideoAsk (strict min/max selections + other text input)

• 31 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Explorer
  • 15 replies

I see the multiple choice options. I would like two features:

1. The ability to strictly control the minimum and maximum number of selections allowed (like I can in Typeform). Example: select your favorite colors (1-3): red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet
  2. The ability to have an “other” option, where the user can provide a short free-response text input (like I can in Typform)

Please let me know if this is already possible and I just have not figured out how to do it.

icon

Best answer by Grace 1 August 2022, 10:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @TMo hope you’re doing well 😊

Right now it’s not possible to control the number of choices for the multiple choice answer type, but this is a great feature request which I’ll add to the board.

Although there isn’t an “other option” directly within multiple choice, you could create one and then use logic to link out to a step with the open ended answer type set up as text only to collect a free text response and then continue the flow. Do you think that could work in your videoask? 

Hey @Grace & VideoAsk team,

Any update on when this feature will be added? I will have to use an external form which isn't ideal for user interaction. Both requests by @TMo would be great. But the first is particularly important. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Yewande welcome to the community 😊

At the moment these features aren’t on the road map, but I’ve given them an upvote. 

Can you tell us a bit more about your use case so we can understand the importance of controlling the number of selections?

Hey @Grace. Thanks for your quick response. 

I’m in the process of using VideoAsk as a core part of my Sales funnel. As part of that, when clients are ready to buy, part of our service is a personalised match with their coach. I want to use VideoAsk to take them through that process. Basically simulating a sales call. With at least 3 questions, to better understand their needs, I’m listing ~10 common needs of our clients. I don’t want them to select all 10 (otherwise, what’s the point) and selecting just 1 is often limiting. So I’d like them to select max 3 to get a good flavour of their needs. Without this, I risk either not getting enough information or getting too much - eitherway, it’s not helpful. The other option is to use AirTable’s form, but that doesn’t have the Video aspect which is critical for something like this. I hope that helps.

As a more general point, I noticed that VideoAsk is marketing its tool as one for leadgen and getting client input. If that’s the case then this is a basic features that other form platforms (e.g. AirTable, Google Forms) have that I think is important.

Let me know if any questions 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yewande, thanks for sharing that additional context!

While @Grace is correct that you don’t currently have the ability to limit the maximum number of selections, it is worth noting that you can still enable multiple selections.

In other words, you can list out all ten options and tell respondents to choose up to three of them. Respondents can still technically choose more than three options, of course, but you can mitigate this from happening by providing guidance either in your video itself or in the overlay text.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Yewande great feedback thank you so much for sharing, I’ll pass that on to our product team. 

Let us know if you end up trying Andrew’s suggestion, hopefully it could work and allow you to use VideoAsk for this 🙏