Answered

Auto play thumbnail not able to be tuned off

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All my videos start playing automatically with no sound (instead of a still image) and then when I click the “play” button, the video starts playing with sounds form the beggining. Notcied this was just added in the past couple weeks. Anyone know how to turn this off? 

I tried using the “Pause auto-play” toggle switch under advanced settings and this didnt have any change. 

icon

Best answer by Grace 29 May 2023, 09:55

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L good to hear from you 👋

We have discovered a bug with pause autoplay which might be causing this issue, the team are working on a fix so I will update you here as soon as it’s done 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Grace okay thanks do you know if its updated yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L it doesn’t look like there is a fix yet, but I am following the ticket so will update you here as soon as I know

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Grace do you know if this is getting fixed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L let me check what the status is… 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I could use this fix too.  The pause auto-play didn’t work. I don’t want everyone reading the subtitles in silence and not clicking the play button.  Because the response is set to a delayed interaction based on them completing the video. 

I am having an issue with this as well and my video is popping up and covering my entire screen without being clicked. Is this getting resolved? When I change it from a widget format and use the link the questions do not pop up on the first play. Dissapointing

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Morning everyone, this is being fixed but it’s taking a little longer than anticipated. I have flagged your issues with the team so hopefully I will get more of a concrete update for you this week 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Its still not working. When the toggle for “Pause auto-play” is turned on the video still plays autmatically. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L there’s still a bug with the pause autoplay feature. The engineers are aware of it and hoping to get it fixed asap, I will let you know as soon as a fix is pushed 🙏

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Is there a timeline for the fix for this? It’s been broken for over a month. When you click play it doesn't start the video right away, you have to click play a couple times for the video to stop the auto play with no sound and start the video from the beginning with sound. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L it’s being worked on this sprint so hopefully the fix is coming. I’ve asked the team to keep me posted if there is any reason for a delay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L the team have just pushed a fix for this and pause autoplay seems to be working as expected again. Let me know if you spot any unusual behavior! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Grace 

This is still not working as expected.  When the video loads it’s paused and not moving , but when you click “play” once the video starts playing with no sound and looping (doing the auto play) then you have to click “play” a second time for the video to actually play. 

This is causing a lot of confusion to people because they have to know to click play twice. After the first time they click play the video plays with no sound and people are confused. 

We are looking to get it so the video is paused, the user clicks play one time and the video starts playing with sound. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Dan L Sorry to hear that you’re still experiencing some unexpected behavior. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it. I haven’t been able to reproduce the behavior you described with my own test videoask so far.

Would you mind sharing your videoask URL with me and confirm whether you’re testing this out on a mobile or desktop? Feel free to DM me the link if you prefer. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L just a heads up, @Grace.H is OoO so maybe best to share a URL here or get in touch with the support team so we can investigate what’s happening with pause autoplay.