Answered

Brand the Password Page

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

My brand does not extend to the new password page.  I like the feature, but is there a way to brand it to the rest of my videoask?  

icon

Best answer by Grace 12 September 2022, 10:29

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @G.Fisher thanks for your question! 

The private videoask option is a brand new feature that we’ve just released, so we’re happy to hear you’ve tried and it and to get the feedback. 

I’ve had a chat with the product team and they are planning on including branding next, so hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for this feature to be updated.

I’ll keep you posted, and let me know if you have any other questions or feedback for us 😁

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Great… it is an excellent feature.  Looking forward to being able to brand it to my use cases.  Thanks for the quick reply.

G

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@G.Fisher glad you like it so far! Think the addition of branding is going to make a big difference!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Just doing a follow-up.  I notice when I add a Passcode page to an already branded VideoAsk, the brand gets removed completely for the entire VideoAsk.  When I remove the Passcode page, the branding returns.  

In theory the Passcode page is great.  Controlling access to confidential information, or controlling who gets access (Like Dubb does), is a needed feature.  But there shouldn’t have to be a trade-off between security and brand.  In fact, I brand the VideoAsk because I don’t want people to know it is a VideoAsk product.  It’s worth the extra money.  Anyway, really hoping I can stick with VA and get the PassCode brand conflict sorted.  Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @G.Fisher thanks for popping back on to give this a boost!

It’s still on the to-do list with our product team and I can understand it totally makes sense if you’re branding your videoasks to be able to use the two features together - will bring this up with the product team again and hopefully we can get it bumped up the list! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @G.Fisher hope you’re doing well!

The team have been working on some updates to the password feature, and it should now include all your branding! 🎉 let me know if you spot anything unusual, but hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Grace… it works!  The brand now carries over to the passcode page.  This is a nice feature. Thank you and thanks to your dev team!  

However, the instructions “Enter passcode to open this videoask” is problematic given my use case, and my experience in psychometric tool development where I need to build trust to encourage survey participation.  Just to clarify, I am using VideoAsk as a tool to gather data, not promote a product or get a video testimonial.  Hopefully, this helps explain my use case and feedback.  

Potential survey participants will receive a text message or email asking them to complete an online video interview coming from company X for Y reasons.  They agree to open the link after reading about the survey, about company X, and Y reason for the survey. 

Now they get to the passcode page.  There they see the logo for company X.  So there is some trust.  They read the domain, and that adds to the trust level.  But they read instructions that introduce “videoask”.  

As much as I love videoask, my reason for branding is to integrate videoask into a workflow that removes videoask… makes videoask an engine behind the scenes. 

If this could simply read:  “Enter your Passcode to Begin:”  for branded pages, or if I could write my own instructions, now you have an online video survey tool with a lot of use cases in academia, business research, etc.

One last thing, if there was a way to add an intro on this page, a consent checkbox… you would have the video survey equivalent of an online survey.

Really love where this is going.  And I recognize this might be an outlier use case for your market.  But, hopefully the instructions can be edited.

Thanks so much.  The timing is perfect for this.  I plan to send this to 1000 participants this October and was considering simply building our own one off application.

Thanks!

Garfield

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @G.Fisher this is some great feedback thank you!

Totally understand that the use of videoask there might not work, although technically that’s our term for the “form” it might not be clear to someone that has no prior knowledge of this style of survey - I’ve flagged this with the product team for review so will keep you posted on that one.

Also like the idea of having a consent checkbox at this point, I’m sure this would add an additional level of security that could be useful in more sensitive use cases. 

Thanks for taking the time to check this and sending the feedback, hopefully we can continue to make some positive improvements!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Grace, I get where you are going for a typical use case. 

This is a heavy development lift… but, on the page where we “make videoask private”, perhaps users can edit the “Enter passcode” message.  Users can turn on or off the “Implied Consent” checkbox, and users can add additional instructions up to 500 characters.  I recognize the development that it would take.  Just a thought.  

Really appreciate your quick reply.  Thanks  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @G.Fisher another update coming your way!

We’ve just switched up the wording on the password page to read “Enter passcode to continue” 

Hopefully that helps for now and we’ll continue to look at ways we can improve the feature as we keep developing! 

Let us know if it works ok for you 🙏

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This is excellent.  It’s truly becoming a replacement for a paper / pen assessment tool… which is my use case.  Thanks for this and the quick reply.

Two suggestions:

1. Like the End /Thank You page… it would be nice to be able to select the color of the background.  Although the color Orange is nice, it clashes with my orange logo.
  2. It would be nice to be able to select the size of the logo from “Small, Medium or Large”.  Center placement of the logo is fine since it works nicely on a mobile device.

I’m still in testing phase with users and collecting feedback.  Looking forward to using this with a larger audience.  Thanks   

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @G.Fisher thanks for the feedback!

The color should be the same as the primary color that you select in Settings, agree would be cool to be able to edit it like the end screen though.

I’ll pass all this on, really happy to hear it’s going well so far - keep us posted on how it goes with a larger audience 😁

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey @G.Fisher thanks for your question! 

The private videoask option is a brand new feature that we’ve just released, so we’re happy to hear you’ve tried and it and to get the feedback. 

I’ve had a chat with the product team and they are planning on including branding next, so hopefully you won’t have to wait too long for this feature to be updated.

I’ll keep you posted, and let me know if you have any other questions or feedback for us 😁

Any update on this, I have the BRAND option of VideoAsk and the Passcode login page still says “VideoAsk” in the browser tab which defeats the entire purpose of having a branding option. Please provide an update as to when we can expect this to be updated to properly display our chosen brand. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SJD we’ve made some updates to this feature so branding is now available on password protected videoasks.

If you’ve added branding to your videoask, your logo should pull through to the passcode page and be visible on all the steps too. Let me know if that’s not the case though and we can look into it 😊

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Logo icon yes, but not the text “VideoAsk.” That we need to be able to update too because it’s important. Love the service and enjoying building out things (on both TypeForm and VideoAsk) lately. Is this possible to update the text displayed on the web browser tab too? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Grace Yup… I overlooked the color option.  So for my use case… this hits all the right notes.  Now to user testing.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @SJD I’m not sure I’m understanding where the VideoAsk text is, would you be able to share a screen shot? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great news @G.Fisher hope it all goes to plan, keep us posted!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

As you can see, this shows “VideoAsk” and not our company brand. It would be great if we could also edit the default text here too of “Enter passcode to continue:” since we may want to call our passwords something more fun and unique like a “secret word”

Please advise on this matter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SJD, this is great feedback. Thanks for sharing!

I agree that you should be able to customize/remove the “VideoAsk” text that appears in the browser tab when you’re password-protecting a branded videoask.

I’m going to pass this and your interface text customization request along to our product and engineering teams.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Awesome, look forward to the improvement to the Branded option. 

Hi There,

I have setted up my Videask to use french as main language.

I want to use the password feature but the text displyed there remain in english.

Could you provide a way to help us translate those two lines ?

Enter passcode to continue:

Sorry! Your passcode is incorrect.

Thank you,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi There,

I have setted up my Videask to use french as main language.

I want to use the password feature but the text displyed there remain in english.

Could you provide a way to help us translate those two lines ?

Enter passcode to continue:

Sorry! Your passcode is incorrect.

Thank you,

Hey @mediavinc thanks so much for sharing this, I’ve reported this bug to our product team, will keep you posted on a fix! 🐞