Answered

Call us?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is it possible in VideoAsk to have people call me directly on my phone or our 1-800 number? 

I tried to create a “call us know” button link to our telephone number, but I could not find a way to do it. 

VideoAsk is excellent for initiating video calls and having end users click a button and make a direct call will help tremendously to increase our direct calls. 

I ask this here because if it’s not possible, it’s such an excellent feature and a potential game changer for any company with a business running around direct calls to a call center or a persona that receives direct calls from potential clients. 

If not possible, what are my options to show my telephone?

Thanks.

Max

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 11 October 2022, 19:39

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MaxUnico, this is another great suggestion! I’ve added a +1 to it on our feature request board.

In the meantime, here’s a workaround for creating a call button 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @andrew_videoask , for your answer. I will try the workaround for now. 

I think it will be great to also get this feature. Getting to know VideoAsk I see is more focused on collecting info from clients, interacting with potential job candidates, or getting help, among other uses. Still, I think with a few features like the one I requested, companies focusing more on sales, generating leads or receiving direct calls, will jump right in at VideoAsk. It’s such a great tool to attract leads and, in our case, having people reach us with VideoCall or AudioCall or telephone, will have a tremendous impact in our sales funnel. 

Does the workaround work for typeform as well? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Luis L Sanchez this is a great question!

@Liz @mathio do you know if there’s a way to create a call button in a typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Grace 

I think you can! On the ending screen, you can specify “Button link” value. If you enter a value like tel:123-456-7890 it will create a clickable button that calls the phone number.

Ending button link

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome, thanks @mathio! Let us know if that works for you @Luis L Sanchez 🤞

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Luis L Sanchez did that call button work? Let us know!

Hey @Liz! I haven’t tried yet but as soon as I do I will let you know! I was looking for a solution that gave me the option before the ending screen. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Grace We’d love to see these options as well: email, call, sms. IMO, it would be great to incorporate these options together with the video, audio, text options. Adding 6 options (video, audio, text, email, call, sms) would definitely gobble up a lot of screen space on iPhones, though, so not sure about that….  :)

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Allen Starrett absolutely, I think custom contact fields is high on the feature request list so hopefully some changes will come our way next year - will keep you posted though!