Answered

can i use videoask for my research project?

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

I wish to use videoask for my research project.  To collect qualitative data through one to one questioning. Does the capture information include typed reposes as well as video responses to allow for a transcription on the questions?  And how is data managed and access ?  And do video ask have any ethical policies as well as GDPR ?

has anyone else used this form of interview ffor research projects?

icon

Best answer by Grace 26 April 2023, 16:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @jayne nixon welcome to the community!

You can choose to collect responses to your videoask via video, audio or text. It’s possible to toggle off the options you don’t need, but video and audio messages are transcribed so you can download the transcriptions or just collect text responses - whatever suits you.

You might want to consider adding a consent check box to your contact form if you need to include any terms and conditions surrounding your research project.

And if you need any information on Typeform/VideoAsk’s T&Cs including our GDPR policy, you can find all that here

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on using VideoAsk for your research project 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jayne nixon I hope you’re doing well! Did the suggestions above help? Let us know if there is anything else we can answer!